1964 Ford f100 Custom Cab Shortbox restore

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

skidoorulz
United States of America

Re: 1964 Ford f100 Custom Cab Shortbox restore

Post by skidoorulz »

Shadow wrote:Very Nice, I Noticed 3-Different Sets Of Valve Covers In Various Pictures. Are The Original Ford Ones Going To Be Used On The Y-Block?............

I actually have 4 sets of valve covers. I plan on changing them around just to be different.
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Thanks all for the compliments
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

Happy to see another yblock as an engine choice. Good decision I think. I also run arp studs in the heads and crank in my engine with a blue thunder manifold, eldebrock 600, Isky 300 and and mummert heads. This one's in my TBird though.
Great job on your project looks perfect from here!
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

LM14 wrote:Please, for the good of your engine, throw that Fram filter away. I've seen more pressure related problems traced back to a Fram than all others combined. Motorcraft, NAPA, Car Quest, Wix are all great filters.

Love your progress, your work is really nice.

SPark

I see you still have the FRAM. I agree with LM14. Find an FL-1 Motorcraft, you have too nice of an engine to ruin it with that filter.
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Thanks for the comments. I am 57 years old and have run Frams in everything I have owned since I was 15. This 64 has had Frams since new in 63. It had 95K miles on it when I tore it down. It ran 55 psi Of oil pressure when going down the hiway. It had 2 broken rings when torn down which more than likely had nothing to do with the filter. The crank only had to be turned 10 under and it had to be bored 60 over due to the broken rings. I have had 3 Dodge pickups bought new and 2 Dodge cars and 1 Buick bought new that all had over 150K on them with no issues. Still driving the Buick Not to mention the 10 or 12 other vehicles I have owned that I bought used and ran frams in. I also have an 86 Chev Celebrity that I purchased from my inlaws as a go to work car that they bought new and run Frams in and it is still running well today and burns no oil. I run Frams in My 1986 Hammond boat with a 165 HP merc in board that has seen nothing but Frams as I bought it from the in laws 15 years ago and they bought it new. Still running original motor with no issues and no rebuild. Even have a Fram on my JD riding mower with 500 hours on it with no issues. The only thing I don't run a Fram on is my Cummins in my 2010 Dodge, I use a Baldwin on that, why I have no idea. With the well over 2 million miles that I have driven my personal vehicles I have not had 1 engine failure. Thanks for the concern but I think I will continue to run Frams
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

OK, And I still like your truck!
F164

Post by F164 »

Where did you get the valve cover bolts?
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

I got them off EBAY. They were made to be long enough for the Offenhauser valve covers that I had on but they also work great for the T Bird covers