64 Slick 2.0

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cwindsor

64 Slick 2.0

Post by cwindsor »

Well after getting the truck together I decided I wanted power steering and better handling... I went and dove into the crown vic swap like many others. Well was pushed when I found a complete car for $200! Sold the motor and trans the car lot though was blown to a guy for $600... Maybe people show just check the EGR valves a little better...? :roll:

Going with the a 03 crown vic crossmember, Ididit column, Rear sump oil pan, power steering pump combo with bracket off fleabay....

Current truck...

Donor car...

Donor Car saying good bye!

Got the front and rear drive train....

Where I'm at now...
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: 64 Slick 2.0

Post by SteveCanup »

Watching....I have a '64 and am waiting to find a deal on a Crown vic....
1964 F-100
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Looks like a great start on the project. You were fortunate to find a deal on the CV. Keep us updated!

Since they have become so popular for swaps the price on them have gone plumb stupid. I have been looking for a donor for some time. I refuse to pay $3500-$4000 for a car I'm going to cut up.
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Yes...I'm afraid the days of finding a Crown Vic front cradle for $200 are gone, gone, gone. Around here they're going for $500 + just for the front suspension. Stupid crazy...
1964 F-100
cwindsor

Post by cwindsor »

Just a little update on the project... put two 10 hours days over Friday and Saturday.... Got the Rear sump oil pan on the motor... Last owner RTV the crap out of it... two almost two hours to get it off and clean the RTV mess off the motor.

Welded up the Cross member pins trailing arms, and boxed in the frame.
Welded up the Motor mounts and set the motor in place... Leveled out the motor to 0.0 side to side with a digital bubble meter.
Having to move up the trans mount since the axle line was moved up an inch with the motor... So I'm going to need fab work on the drive shaft.