my shipwrecked '63

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: my shipwrecked '63

Post by shipwrecked »

Few days ago my trailer gave me a fat bloody lip.

This morning... I should have probably had a stitch put there when this happened.

Loaded my F150 too heavy... I scraped getting out of my Cape May driveway and getting on the ferry.

Moved some stuff around and it helped a little.

In Del-a-where?

Made it to VA ok. The Chesapeake bridge was fine but the tunnel was terrifying.

Idiots in cars all around you cutting me off like I could stop on a dime!

Trailer is unhooked in front of the new place. Crap unloaded from F150 and I am waiting for my bed!
Last edited by shipwrecked on May 19, 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Sounds like for the most part it was a good trip. Glad you and the kids arrived safe and sound.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Not going to lie. This move to this house has crushed my motivation currently.

The contractor who had done some work inside the house for me to move in never finished and his crap is still in my garage. I can't quiet get the garage cleaned up yet, which is holding me back from getting my truck off the trailer and into the garage.

My job- it's cool for now, but I assure you I will get bored in a years time.

I started looking at the advancement stuff for my job and I'm also discouraged at this process and lack of uniformity. I am just trying to sift the crap here.

I'm going to have a big vet bill soon. I was playing with the pups today and Diesel dawg showed me he has a cavity. Schnauzers are notorious for bad teeth. His last vet visit they said his teeth looked great. But I see a bad tooth now.
Macon ACE

Post by Macon ACE »

shipwrecked wrote:Not going to lie. This move to this house has crushed my motivation currently.

The contractor who had done some work inside the house for me to move in never finished and his crap is still in my garage. I can't quiet get the garage cleaned up yet, which is holding me back from getting my truck off the trailer and into the garage.

My job- it's cool for now, but I assure you I will get bored in a years time.

I started looking at the advancement stuff for my job and I'm also discouraged at this process and lack of uniformity. I am just trying to sift the crap here.

I'm going to have a big vet bill soon. I was playing with the pups today and Diesel dawg showed me he has a cavity. Schnauzers are notorious for bad teeth. His last vet visit they said his teeth looked great. But I see a bad tooth now.
Dang, sorry to hear all this bad news. I hope things take a turn for the better soon. Watching your truck build is one of the best things on this forum.
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

shipwrecked wrote:Idiots in cars all around you cutting me off like I could stop on a dime!
Same here. My brother hauled my truck to the new place, and complained afterwards about people following so close that he couldn't see them in the mirrors. Good thing everything stayed attached!
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Diesel's bad tooth turns out to be a broken tooth. It was $300 yesterday to tell me that, do pre-surgery blood work and a booster shot that I swore he had in May,

Anyway, Friday he will get surgery to remove the bad tooth and three others are possibly coming out as well (all four little front teeth between the K9 teeth)

Friday's bill will be at a minimum $300.00!
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Our rescue dog Chip went thru that to the tune of $340. They took 9 teeth upper and lower between the K9s in the front.
He chews his food much better. And has gained a little more weigh and looks good.

Just like children they will cost you when you can least afford it.
Rachael and I know the pain. But, wouldn't trade our two furry boys for any amount of money...

PS. our vet is the cheapest dentist in the metro area.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

$575 today for the tooth to come out. I've spent almost 900 this week on his tooth. I am in shock enough I could cry.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Still around.. have a lot to catch-up on.

I am still waiting for the dust to settle with the transfer, bills and all.

I took a $375 a month pay cut moving here and cost of living is the same. I applied for a second job at a few auto parts stores in the mean time. I work 35 hours a week with the CG. Leaving me around 20 hours unaccounted for in comparison to my last job. If I took a second job at minimum wage I would make about 600 a month extra. I would probably only do this till next spring or so, then hopefully I will have bills paid off, money in bank and parts back on the F100.

I'm not abandoning this project. It just has to be on hold a few more weeks. I need to figure out something.

I called my CPA and we discussed what I need to do because I'm fast approaching my eligibility to retire from the Caoast Guard in a year! I will not retire next year, but I want to be dang sure I have a plan before I do.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Nothing but a problem since I moved to VA. The administrative person who got into my pay system screwed something up and I just got shorted 1000 this payday and the CG wants me to pay them back 3600 in pay I rightfully received.

I'm trying to get a second job in my spare time to prevent stuff like this but fate has it- incompetence is causing me grief,

Going to list the motorcycle for sale asap to help. I'm so upset with the CG I can't even speak. I have help looking into resolving this issue but it doesn't help the short time.

I'm feeling very trapped in this new job and I'm not sure I want to stay here. I am already looking at new options.
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

It is a shame when you dedicate yourself to a career and do not get the same dedication in return. We all know how wildly capable you are and have seen the pride you put into both your career and hobbies. Things will get better!
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Cleaned up my garage a bit. It got to the point I'd open the door, look at it and just be depressed and then the lights off and shut the door.

I spent yesterday doing some work on my motorcycle and also did the yard work. I had seen Chinafreight had a nice 25% off sale coupon for today. I went and picked up a 3000lb 12v winch. My intentions are to install this on the garage floor temporarily so I can push the truck in and out of the garage.

Need to buy some wedge anchors for the concrete. Need to see about borrowing a hammer drill.

I do want to get shipwrecked off the trailer this week. Need some muscle help though.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

We got my truck off the trailer today! It took 4 of us and even that wasn't safe.

My co-worker hooked up my trailer to the truck and said "you're good!" So I trusted it, He never set the hitch lock or inserted the safety pin. So me not following up on that I didn't know what was about to happen.

We were pushing the truck off the trailer and the weight shifted to the dovetail and the whole trailer popped up off the hitch and was in the air about 3 feet! We held the F100 in place so I could rush my f150 out of the direct possible bounce forward when we rolled the f100 off the dovetail.

Trailer came slamming down. I raised it up, hooked it up myself this time and pulled it out of the way. We got the F100 into my miniature garage with inches to spare,

Good news!!! I got my "permanent" medical waiver to allow me to stay in the CG as long as my cancer doesn't come back. We requested this waiver 1.5 years ago and I got word today. 4 years, 6 months and 1 day cancer free!

Plan on having a party on February 7, 2018... that will be my 5 alive day.

Btw, here is how Hilda and Diesel care for me... schnauzer butts in the face. So wrong.
Last edited by shipwrecked on May 19, 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

I helped a friend move several years ago after he lost his house.i borrowed my boss's truck and trailer to move his mustang.my friend who drove dumptrucks and and pulled trailers with them at the time hooked the trailer up and we made the 10 mile trip to his house.we backed up to the car and went to drive the car on the trailer and bam the trailer stands straight up.we slowly backed the car off and I locked the hitch down and we got the car on the trailer.how the trailer didn't come loose going down the road I don't know.when I asked him why he didn't lock the hitch down he looked at me kind of dumb and said he was used to pintle hitches.i said well guess what this isn't a dump truck lol.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Been almost a month.... I bought new hinges for the hood this weekend.

Other than that... nothing new on the truck. Just a house that sucks and is bleeding my wallet dry. Contractor issues and the CG and their issues with my pay have t been resolved.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Pay issues have had me mostly house bound with not much entertainment. My new hood hinges came in, I need to paint them.

The ones I have original I painted the body color... these new ones..... not sure if I should go black or red. I don’t have enough paint from body to make body color.

What you think?.

I bought a roll of brake tubing for now. I’d prefer to put stainless steel on here eventually, but for now- let’s just get some brakes on it.

Also. Had a check up with the Navy hospital for my cancer screen. Got a good to go for another 6 months. Next visit will be in the spring with a Scan and an all good will put me at 5 years cancerversary. Which is not very well known for my cancer. Beating the odds!

Spent my wee hours of Saturday up in Williamsburg VA sending off two bus loads to DC for their honor flight.

Now I’m sitting on my couch just watching useless tv... I hate this... motivation to work on my truck in that tiny no room garage is in the empty reserve tank. Ugh.
Last edited by shipwrecked on May 19, 2018, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

April, we all go up and down with energy when working on our slicks. You have had a great run for a long time.
It will return once the pay and other troubles work themselves out. WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU.
GO get em APRIL!!!!!
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

You're better than that. You can't let small things suck out all the ambition that you've shown. You, working on your truck has given me and a lot of others so much ambition to do the things we've done to ours.

You can take 2 more days off, THEN you gotta get to work. I'm pulling for ya.... 8)
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Glad you seem to be easing slowing back to task. I think you'd fined stainless tubing a royal PIA. Stainless is harder, thus harder to form and more brittle. Then you have issues with sealing for the same reason. I put stainless fuel lines on a car once and I'll never use it again. Looks good but more for show than go.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I agree with Bruce I have done three trucks with copper nickel tubing and it works great, easier than plain steel

Ebay listing
Looks like a great price at 27.99 w/free shipping
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!