'66 F100 Custom Cab Short/Styleside Factory Correct Resto

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 litl un

Re: '66 F100 Custom Cab Short/Styleside Factory Correct Rest

Post by 64 litl un »

I did not directly mention it but I made reference to this project indirectly in a recent thread. One thing I want to make perfectly clear. I admire the build and craftsmanship.
What you have done is not a factory restoration. It is well beyond that. Those trucks were never that nice. What comes to my mind in Ford history is Edsel Ford's personal 1928 Model A Ford Dual Cowl Phaeton. That car was built by the Lincoln coach builders.

That 66 is beyond a restoration. What you have done is put into flesh.....or sheet metal the designers conception of what a 1966 Ford should be. It is dare I say automotive art.

The only thing I did not care for was the article. It made it sound like the truck was sent to Gus's Scratch and Dent and did not need that much work. Oh and it was "almost" as good as new.

We know the truth. Like I said that truck is what the designer imagined...dreamed of what that bodystyle could be. You are a true craftsman and your shop is top notch I can't think of anyone who could have done better.
I can drive it home with one headlight.
midcal66

Post by midcal66 »

what color did you paint the wheels?
theastronaut

Post by theastronaut »

64 litl un wrote:I did not directly mention it but I made reference to this project indirectly in a recent thread. One thing I want to make perfectly clear. I admire the build and craftsmanship.
What you have done is not a factory restoration. It is well beyond that. Those trucks were never that nice. What comes to my mind in Ford history is Edsel Ford's personal 1928 Model A Ford Dual Cowl Phaeton. That car was built by the Lincoln coach builders.

That 66 is beyond a restoration. What you have done is put into flesh.....or sheet metal the designers conception of what a 1966 Ford should be. It is dare I say automotive art.

The only thing I did not care for was the article. It made it sound like the truck was sent to Gus's Scratch and Dent and did not need that much work. Oh and it was "almost" as good as new.

We know the truth. Like I said that truck is what the designer imagined...dreamed of what that bodystyle could be. You are a true craftsman and your shop is top notch I can't think of anyone who could have done better.

Appreciate that!

midcal66 wrote:what color did you paint the wheels?

They are Whimbledon White.
totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Great job! You have wonderful fab ,bodyworks skills. Thanks for pictures,Tony :mrgreen: :D
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
66redrider

Post by 66redrider »

Man nice build!! The f100 came out super nice!!!!
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Awesome work, and thanks for including information on the products used along the way. Will definitely be referring back to this in the future. :)
theastronaut

Post by theastronaut »

We had the truck out at the local Father's Day Downtown car show again this year, along with my recently completed '63 VW Convertible. The truck still looks as good as the day we finished it three years ago. The owner has taken great care of it and the materials we used have held up with no signs of age.

mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Thanks for the update.

This is still one of my favorite builds. Great truck and great thread.

Nic
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

A great and highly detailed job.

Beautiful results.....