My 64 SWB project

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

flames unlimited
United States of America

My 64 SWB project

Post by flames unlimited »

I've been working on this truck for about 3 years . It's finally starting to look like something and I just figured out how to do photobucket so i thought i would start my own thread. This site is a great source for info and I have learned a lot while lurking. Its a 64 SWB 460, C6 , mustang 2 front suspension , power steering and AC. Image Image Image Image Image Image
flames unlimited
United States of America

Re: My 64 SWB project

more pics Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Dang that is purdy ! I saw that one picture with the cab back off? and thought you were making into a crew cab ! You shouldn't have waited so long to post.. nice looking work !

I just wanted to add I have never, and I mean NEVER seen one of these cabs with the entire back tin off, interesting.
flames unlimited
United States of America

Ha ! yea after i chiseled the gallon or so of filler off the drivers side rear corner and found how mangled it was i decided to replace the whole back panel with a decent one i found at the junkyard. I also welded and filled the seam around the back of the roof while I was at it.
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

Awesome looking project.

Are you going to weld the back bed seam and radius the bed seam going from the front to the back?

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
flames unlimited
United States of America

I'm definitely gonna weld the rear vertical seam and fill it, I'm not sure about the horizontal seam yet. Rite now i want to get the engine back in get it wired then get back on the body work.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I am glad you de-cloaked and started posting !

grump

Post by grump »

Love the paint work, is that candy tangerine over your silver base coat? I've seen motorcycle lifts used a lot of different ways and you just added another use. Keep up the good work. FLAME ON!!!
flames unlimited
United States of America

Its House of Kolor UK11 kandy apple over silver flake. the picture does look more orange and the flake never shows up in pictures ! The rest of the body is HOK blue blood red.
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

flames unlimited wrote:I'm definitely gonna weld the rear vertical seam and fill it, I'm not sure about the horizontal seam yet. Rite now i want to get the engine back in get it wired then get back on the body work.

I welded a piece of 3/8" rod in the side of my bed to form the radius. It was a lot of work but I think well worth the effort just to make the back bed corner match all the way down the side.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

That is some NICE workmanship!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
flames unlimited
United States of America

Kstones that looks real nice you may have just created some extra work for me !!! HA!!!!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

NICE! Did You Use A "Flake-Buster" Gun To Blow All That Flake On There Or Straight HVLP? Looks Like You Got Great Coverage...............
flames unlimited
United States of America

I just use a regular devillbis hvlp gun for the flakes with a tip that i drilled out and spray it on wet in h.o.k. intercoat clear. I never tried a flake buster to spray it dry. its very hard to get even coverage and the kandy is also a real pain. My roof and dash have something like 20 coats of material to get that effect!!!!!!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

You are on Rt 61 across from Met-Ed aren't you?! Always cool stuff at your shop ! And that one is REAL nice

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Eallen66
United States of America

Post by Eallen66 »

I am envious of your finish ability. Gorgeous finish happening!

What motor and tranny setup do you have going on in it?

Eric
flames unlimited
United States of America

yes that me on rt 61, thanks I always got some interesting projects for my customers, this one is mine!!! Its gonna have a mild 460 and a C6 in it wich i just got back from the machine shop!!!
flames unlimited
United States of America

Its been awhile since I posted any progress pics,I've been real busy on the truck as well as other work projects. I got it all wired and the fresh engine installed and broken in. I choose a 62 grille , I just like the look better and I had a nice one that i got at an auction for $10.00 !!! Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by flames unlimited on June 18, 2014, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flames unlimited
United States of America

The red plug wires are temporary till i get some nice black ones.I painted the grille satin gray to match the vintage 5 spoke mags i'm using. The interior is done for now ,I will get carpet next year after its all painted and on the road!!! Image Image Image Image Image
flames unlimited
United States of America

Its been awhile since I posted any progress I've been busy,busy,busy. I finally mounted the bed and made up custom brackets for the rear bumper, which is some kind of Dodge truck bumper i trimmed to fit the tail gate opening. I also took the lowering blocks out after these pics to raise the rear an inch and a half and give more of a raked stance. I'm also fabbing a piece to replace the whole bottom of the rusted tailgate. The patch piece turned out real nice I will take some pics of it and the tool I made it with and post them here soon. Rite now the bed is out getting media blasted. So bodywork and paint on the bed and I should be on the road by spring!!!!!! Image Image Image Image