Beryl`s re-build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Beryl`s re-build

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Oh well that's it, nearly 4 years and no progress to speak of, who wants to buy Beryl...... :cry: I`ll make sure She goes to a good home!!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

who wants to buy Beryl...... :cry:

Nooooooo!!!! Although I didn't realise its been 4 YEARS! Where has the time gone??
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nah I`m keeping Beryl, will most likely be selling ........I can`t bring myself to say it! , we`ll see .. :roll:

Hey where have all my pic`s gone ? :shock:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

:oops: SsssLlllll....nah can't pronounce it either !!!! did a while ago with the slick and vowed never to attempt it again, needed ventolin type spray to recover, don't want it to be contagious.

Laryngitis, very common problem, I'm led to believe, in the slick dictionary.
"inflammation of the larynx, typically resulting in huskiness or loss of the voice, harsh breathing, and a painful cough."

So Al , Lenore is coming to the all ford day at the creek at the end of November then ?

Ye ol EB Prototype (vin 000000002) Momo pace-car is coming out for a run.
It will have a sign on it !!!
The EB convertible will be next when I get the seats redone, and source the period wheels from compomotive uk.
(could take 12mths 8 8 )

One would like to think , Leeroy might "drop in" just to sus out how people really live, north of the border.
Lost in the Mountains Blue Mist ......
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

John there is a car show at The Peachtree Hotel on the 7th of November, Lenore said she would try and make it.
also Idlewild Hotrod club is having their annual Memorial Run the following Weekend, where I`ll have to check, as for the All Ford day I`ll be there some how :lol:
Do Ford Transit vans count ? :D

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Do Ford Transit vans count ? :
Well Al,
Does it:-
have comfortable seats
occasionally serve / store refreshments
have shelter from the summer sun or a storm
have a ford badge
have a tow bar and tow rope
the radio work
have roadside assist
Your in,for a lazy twenty then, in the working class section, we can park it next to John's Mercury truck and his 64'Comet(he'd pay us to park elsewere- money back eh !) , that way we can give Leeroy an update on the workings on this comets pitot gauge set up with a static port and an angle-of-attack vane.
Any slick t-shirts to wear ?

Tell you what Leeroy has your old bus looking mighty fancy in poppy lipstick red , would love one done in vermillion fire and winter white.

I will try for nov 7th....would the old momo pace car qualify for a parking spot at the peachtree ?
What about a fully worked 2.2l Ranger with custom canopy !!!
But this new lifestyle job I took on, is in full scoop on a saturday.....having seconds thoughts about this "laid-back"vocation,,,,feb will be decision month.Might go and fly a plane !!!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

John, I think you have seen way too many movies, with the POOL GUY getting more than he`s share in them, they do call it poolwerx don`t they :lol:
now my poor old transit, it does have the Ford badges, the drivers seat is a just pass for comfort, the radio now works again since I found the code numbers after changing the battery 3 years ago :shock: , towbar ... check!, shelter from the elements .. check!, I noticed a apple core under the seat the other day, so yes it has had food/ refreshments... check!, the rope is in antiquate, other than for tying pipe and small animals to the roof racks and we don`t have roadside assist :( , it is getting a nice patina to the roof and sides tho! and I did put a new bright red flag on the pipe carry tube... Oh and she also has a full tank of fuel, last one lasted over 3 months I think. but that will happen when you have your tubes in a knot :cry: ....wasn`t allowed to drive!
work has restarted on getting Lenore up and running, I had the battery recharged at "Johnny Deans Auto Electrical Shop ",the one on Coomes Drive not the one in Elsagunda.. it has now been installed, ready for me to locate the keys and give her whirl .... 8) I really don`t know how I fit it all in ! :cheers:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan,
Glad you mentioned the one on Coomes Drive......cause the other would have to do it by a youtube instructional (14260 Oxnard St, Van Nuys, or skype on 0011+1+818 997 1336. )
Dont know if their multimeter and the 220 would have helped though.
So good to know the local guy has expanded to further his business opportunities.

Did you mention "keys"---Sinclairs just exceeded their projected budget for october....in the service dept.
Client knocked my keys and i pad over and into the pool at Jordan Springs....only 981dracma's later, including dickies tilt tray , to rectify the situation and two days for parts from mexico. What happened to a service dept having a bag of rice in a sealed bag.....they didn't know that !!!!

"I really don`t know how I fit it all in ! :cheers:"
--Must be knowing you haven't got to look after a swimming pool anymore, just toss in some bread crumbs for your new hatchery of perch ! :mrgreen:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Bump........ :oops: I did do this for a purpose tho :D

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Alright Allan, lets see pictures of this pool full of Perch, pics on the grille don't prove anything mate!!:):)
Alan Mclennan wrote:Bump........ :oops: I did do this for a purpose tho :D
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

Lenore & Beryl must have changed your mind somewhere down the line Alan . They are still residing at your place. You must be treating them well. :wink:
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

DCarr wrote:Lenore & Beryl must have changed your mind somewhere down the line Alan . They are still residing at your place. You must be treating them well. :wink:
Well sadly one has left home, she has moved up to the Sunshine coast of Queensland about 1,200 Km's away. The new owner has said he'd look up this site, I gave him the link, so they maybe lurking for awhile like we all did :lol: . I must say Beryl was quick to take up the Queen position in the house garage tho ! :roll:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

jamesdfo wrote:Alright Allan, lets see pictures of this pool full of Perch, pics on the grille don't prove anything mate!!:):)
Alan Mclennan wrote:Bump........ :oops: I did do this for a purpose tho :D
James I can't bring myself to catch them yet mate, the Perch are about 12"long now and you only see them at feeding time if your lucky, they are like grease lightning, most times all you see is a big splash of water. The water is clear, but with the dark background and their dark back their pretty hard to see. The 2 Goldfish I put in there as
"Guinea Pigs " to see if the salt levels were lowered enough are around 10"long now and you can see them as easy as pie. I will get some pic's tho for the doubting Thomas's :lol:

Oh yeah !, the Bass they are about 6" long now, I know cause one jumped out of the pool and I found it about a metre away from the pool, stone cold dead :cry:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:( Finally sold ole Beryl off, she's gone to a local guy, so I will probably see her running around one day.. something just clicked in my head... and it was over

We still have the fish in the cement pond, can't seem to bring myself to catching them, even tho I'm in my locals Fishing club... as a social member of cause :burp:

I suppose I'll have to learn the new way of posting photo's here, FB has spoiled me that way, but I hate the hate that is on there these days. :cry:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS