Some Ford Factory Photos

A place to post old pics, commercials, brochures, ads, toys, etc.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

Some Ford Factory Photos

Post by Michelle »

Here are a few Ford Factory photos from my collection.

The 61 prototype I had posted earlier. Uni doors, quad headlights, six spoke wheels, no spears on the side of the hood.

The infamous gas turbine powered Ford truck. A note about this truck. A lot of features from this truck showed up on the CLT 9000 models that came out in 78. Check out the N series parked behind it.

The cockpit of the Gas Turbine truck

Two 65 models, an F 100 and an F 250 Camper Special

A nice photo of the 65 model.

Great picture of an N series. The picture says 1964 model, but I some how think that it may be a prototype picture of the 63 model. Note the mesh in the upper grill, the chrome bumper, those two things never showed up on the production models. This truck also sports a chrome Luberfiner oil filter (you can see it just behind the fuel tank) Stainless mirrors, and a chrome stack. The air filter shown on this truck never made it into production either.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

What would you class the Gas Turbine as?, a truck and dog or a B double?, I cant really see if the truck is articulated or not!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
F7BIGJOB
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

Love the large gear/lightning bolt nomenclature. :thumright:
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Alan Mclennan wrote:What would you class the Gas Turbine as?, a truck and dog or a B double?, I cant really see if the truck is articulated or not!

No, it is not an articulated truck, it has a fifth wheel. Here is another picture and you can see it better.

I love the grill in this truck, It has George Barris written all over it. It looks like it came straight from a 50's custon car or truck.

Big Job, I too love the oversize gear and lightning bolt, I would love to have it for my Ford collection.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Michelle those are very cool.
What makes the gas turbine truck "Infamous"? I have never heard much about it before, bad or good. I know much more about Chrysler's gas turbine car.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Thanks for the education. We need more stuff like this. Great post!
Jim
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Michelle those are very cool.
What makes the gas turbine truck "Infamous"? I have never heard much about it before, bad or good. I know much more about Chrysler's gas turbine car.

The reason I say infamous is because while it was a cutting edge concept and seemed like a good idea it just had too many problems that were never over come. Ford is not the first truck to try and use a gas turbine engine. KW tried it in 1950 and had the same problems. With the advance of the technology in turbine enges from 1950 to the mid 1960's I guess Ford thought it was worth another try.

Here are a few pictures of the turbine powered KW. Some of the cars and trucks in the back ground make the pictures even more interesting.

It looked like a truck with no engine. I bet it surprised a lot of people when it passed. Check out the size of the stacks on the truck The ACF Brill Trailways bus getting ready to pass probably had a lot of surprised passengers.

Note the 49 Autocar truck passing him, I guess the turbine engine was a little lacking in the area of torque.

That looks to be about a 50 model Studebaker pulling a small travel trailer about to pass.

Looks like the KW may be passing the Chevy convertible, may be there going down hill.

A good compairson of the two engines. Note the 49 Ford convertible in the back ground.
Michelle

4 Baja
United States of America

Re: Some Ford Factory Photos

Post by 4 Baja »

Those trailers from the Ford gas turbine truck ended up at Bill Stroppes shop in Long Beach, CA.
I remember seeing them (or one) there in the 1990's.
They hauled the off road race team to SCORE races in Mexico and such.
If I searched around I could probably find some pictures but here is a link to their web site.

http://stroppe.com/
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

1. I can't believe how freaking small that engine iswith two guys holding it !

2. Part of me would love a huge old school camper like that for my pops 66 .
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

foodstick wrote:1. I can't believe how freaking small that engine iswith two guys holding it !

2. Part of me would love a huge old school camper like that for my pops 66 .

My dad had an Alaskan and a Hi/Lo. I never particularly liked them, now I kinda want one. I still have the shell he had on his last F150; I may put it on the longbed for Slickstock.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Thanks for sharing the photos, Michelle. Hope you're well.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Grits,
While I firmly believe it is never too late to say thanks; you DID note the date on Michelle's posts?
Aw, anyway, I second the sentiments!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I hope this pic comes out, Chelle this work look great on your desk!................

http://www.tonkagasturbine.com/Ford_Gas ... _Model.jpg
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif