Where are u lot?

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
Leeroy
Australia

Where are u lot?

Post by Leeroy »

I seem to start one of these threads every 6 months!!

Where are you lot and what are you doing???? :burp:
557f1
Australia

Re: Where are u lot?

Post by 557f1 »

hi Lieth,I'm still around, working on my house
my truck is up on jack stands to finish of the steering and waiting for my front bumper to come back from the chrome platers.
Next weekend ,winter nationals at Willowbank raceway and down to Cooly rocks on at Coolangatta.
Darren

http://coolyrockson.mybigcommerce.com/
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Hey I`m here nearly every day, and doing Bugger all!, did go out with the boys today RC 4WD driving :mrgreen: mine was the yellow FJ40..

Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Good to hear theres still movement in the aus chapter! :lol:

So Darren, the slicks ready for rego and a looooong drive by the sounds of it?? :D Theres always cold beer here should you get lost and end up here! (No seriously, it's victoria, its freezing and 4 this morning!)

I'm liking those RC 4x4's Alan, I used to race onroad electric RC cars when I was a teenager but it got really $$ towards the end so I gave it away. I had a toy traxxas petrol thing for awhile but every time I came back from a tank of fuel something was broken and the noise gave the neighbours the irrits. :(
They're a lot of fun though. They almost look like they're part of the 'rock crawling' brigade!

Little fella is keeping the mrs awake at the minute, luckily Im back to work next week! :lol: Meant to do a truckload on the house whilst I was off work, think I did about half of what I wanted to.... But hey the sheds finished!!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

cheerleader.gif for the shed !!!, hey you seem to be holidays all the time mate! :mrgreen: , you must be almost up to speed with the house renos by now..

How`s the notgreen machine coming along, or is that on the back burner for the time being, you might have to get one of those work crew box`s for the Slick so all the family can go for a ride :D

those RC trucks are electric, six of us went out for a 4 hr bush trail drive yesterday, I made it all the way on one 5000mah 2s Lipo battery, which was quite good I think. try doing that on nitro motors :roll:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Yes mate the lipo and brushless stuff has changed the way! And a good way too! No fuel to mix, or cleanup, no glo igniter etc etc, they're great unless they catch fire. Then your doomed! :lol:

House renos?? Pffft. Finishing off some more shutter for the boys room then things will take a halt. Got the bathroom done, kitchen is next which is major and structural = $$$ :(

Not green machine (grey primer machine) is actually a problem. I spoke to the painter a couple of months back asking when when when? Panel work is all done, it's just sitting in primer awaiting paint!! It's been 2 years now and 1 year ready to go in the paint shop! I'm getting a bit over waiting now. I'm going to have another crack this month and if it doesn't come together I'm gonna have to take it elsewhere. I reckon a year is patient!!! :(

Anyways all is going well in Victoriavill!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

talk about waiting, back in my hot rod days, I took my V8 flathead to a guy to have it rebuilt.. and told him I was in no real rush..fatal mistake.... He had it for 18 months
when I finally picked it up... one of his blokes said Gee it`s not going to be like this place without that sitting on that bench every morning

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan Mclennan wrote:talk about waiting, back in my hot rod days, I took my V8 flathead to a guy to have it rebuilt.. and told him I was in no real rush..fatal mistake.... He had it for 18 months
when I finally picked it up... one of his blokes said Gee it`s not going to be like this place without that sitting on that bench every morning

Recon that's the norm, for some time, had a couple in our bodyshop like that, most of them mine !!! :oops:
Time moves on and so has the slick, "she whom must be obeyed, couldn't/wouldn't drive or park it" , and along came a guy with money whom had to have it, so it resides around rivo and castle hill.
On the lookout for a 64/65 ranchero as a new driver , would even help anyone out to get rid of a 65 ranchero....but not RED,with red trim.
Time to come out of hibernation.
Her cottage is finished, all bet the yard.
8) a pool attendant / cleaner , what a challenge that will be.
Lost in the Mountains Blue Mist ......
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

good to see your still kicking John, sorry to hear about the Slick though !! :cry: post a pic of the gone Slick so I can keep an eye out for it :shock:
Rivo you say, red neck country there, we are building a new Anglican college on Garfield RD..............you sure you wouldn`t like a project Slick by the name of Beryl would you!!!! :)

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

I haven`t been on here for a while, been on the road too much racing, its been great this year, cruisin in the 64 merc truck to race the comet around the country every month, done about 10000 kms this year, finished with enough points to be N.S.W. divisional champion, just got back from Queensland from the winternationals, Darren you would have seen my truck in the pits, should have stopped by.
John, I am working on a 64 Ranchero for my daily driver now, picked it up very cheap on ebay in Victoria late last year, I have just finished the RHD conversion & still a bit of fabrication to do, reason it was cheap was the guy cut out the floor to build a drag car so I have to make a floor, I have used a 64 Comet dash & am putting a 64 comet front on it so it will be a 64 Comet ute, have the running gear sorted 331 windsor toploader & 9", I have tubbed the back & have 15" x 8 1/2 " american torque thrusts with 275/60/15 tires.
in a couple weeks going for a weekend to Wauchope truck show & on the 18th & 19th July the all Ford day is on at Eastern creek dragway. heres a couple pics of the Ranchero & the truck on the road

8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

yep,nice
a good lookin' ute in the pipeline.
jealous , 8) bloody oath !!!

So, now i'll have to ring cusso in cane toad country and tell him I don't want a caliente front clip, now....
Found a 64 ranchero ute up here in the mountains...just trying to dislodge it from its home , now, very rusty...and plenty of bumps all round.

Thank heavens I'm not the only bloke whom looks at different things.

John,
what about a LH door shell for a 2 door hardtop !!! in your spares ??? 64/65 FALCON / MERCURY don't care all the same profiles as you well know. The sprint needs to be Rebuilt again so, leaving the roll cage in and redoing it to a street cruiser, too broke to spent 2k on a HSRCA escapade weekends anymore, 5 - 6 times a year.
Do you need a C8000 FIRE PUMPER to convert to a period transporter.....cat diesel, auto , good for 75 -80 mph....
its got a great siren on the front !!! ("Bud Moore" style.)
What about an LN800O Single drive 1980.cummins vt190....power plus 5x2 monkey on the stick.

I will see you at the ford day, somewhere.....drooled over the aqua slick crew cab last year.....couldn't go any further than that.
although I did take notice of the golden equipment under the f series bonnet.
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

I do have a spare door, I picked up some doors with the Ranchero & 2 happened to be Comet hardtop doors, funny thing is the ranchero doors are the same length as the hardtop doors, I did think about using the comet doors on the ranchero but too much work changing the window shape. get the sprint going & come nostalgia drag racing, next meet is 9th August only about $180 to enter cheaper than roundy round racing. have no space for any more trucks, if I ever get acreage I wont be able to control myself, I already have a 67 F700 at a friends place. I will be on the gate at Ford day, if you bring something down I will see you there, otherwise you will catch me around the truck, a guy I know from Victoria is bringing up a 64 Thunderbolt too. keep trying on the ranchero they are a good thing, I might have some leftover falcon parts when I am done making it a Comet
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

have the running gear sorted 331 windsor top loader & 9", I have tubbed the back & have 15" x 8 1/2 " american torque thrusts

You boys don't muck around do you..... :lol:

Now THAT, is a GREAT photo!
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

trying to get the ute finished for summernats in july, still a bit to do but getting there & the pic is Glen innes servo about midnight, the only down side to cruisin in the truck is the fuel bill, its a bit thirsty
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Did you end up hooking up the supercharger? :lol:
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

its been hooked up for a while, getting about 2-3lbs boost because of the low engine revs, I have made a smaller pulley to give about 6lbs just waiting for a shorter belt from the U.S., I have fitted a oil filter & cooler now after the bearings failed coming back from Melbourne, so had to rebuild it & fitted a high output impeller while I was at it, looking forward to seeing the difference 6lbs makes, even 2 lbs is the difference between changing down a gear on hills
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

[quote][/quote]
John
That was a summertime pic no doubt at G.I. cause there's no ice on the leading edges...then again Guyra is just down the road, brrrrr.
hows the rms on carrying capacity and log book ?
did you fudge :roll: to keep it under the limit.... 8)

Negotiations are progressing well on the 64 ranchero (6 pack ) recon the little 260 and a c4 (ex sprint) will be the go, don't know whether to add a set of sprint side mouldings or a single like on some i've seen, got two sets" in-case", I bent the sprint !!!

On the caliente/comet ute, you need the tailgate sign-written " hello- comet ".
Gee haven't said that for a long time, something to do with, they are no longer in overnight linehaul maybe....bit like kwikasair !
(leeroy, mighten' agree , "kwikasair!")

Alan,
The pain was too much so I,got another ranger today :P -yep a little one , least its a ford, diesel 6 speed.
I'll be wandering around the mountains and your backyard shortly.....scoop and broom in hand :D
Just got to go and buy a 6pack (Body gut huggin') POWERLIFTERS t-shirt to wear, might need a "warnie, ashley and martin transplant" too, and some cool sunnies.
"Marlin" would be going past your building site on Garfield Road every second or third day, as the guy works out of the old meatworks at rivo with his hotrods and camaro's, you will hear "Marlin" go past.
already lowered, power steer, set of alloys , on club plates.
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

the pic was the last trip couple weeks ago, truck was still warm at G.I., but it was a different story next morning, I stopped in the truck overnight at Tenterfield, I had a couple blankets & sleeping bag etc & there was ice on the car & truck at 6am next morning

the truck is rated at 10490 kg GVM, on club plates I can carry 2/3 the weight its rated for thats why you can`t use a F250 or F350 on club plates to carry a car, you only need the log book over 12.5 T, but when I tow a trailer I need the log book as I am rated at 18000 kg GCM, I know a guy in the RTA truck section who I checked all the weights with to make sure I am legal, I still have to call in the truck checking stations, been pulled in a bit they usually just want to check it out & take pics

good news on the Ranchero, should go good with the 260, good on fuel, I am going for a bit more HP, I was going to use side mouldings but will go smooth, the Comet ones looked too much trouble & wasn`t keen on the 64 Ranchero ones, don`t mind the 65 Ranchero mouldings but bit hard to find, if I find a set I would use them

I remember the Comet trucks, a few had Comet number plates too, their depot was down the road, its now TNT
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Looks like the etch primer is leaking through the bonnet john! :lol: oh hang on wait.... That's only on my slick!! :cussing:
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

I note this comet is parked up, with it's pitot tubes and induction intakes block off !
Cold dense air, better for cold air induction and more gee gee's of the line !!!
Complete with aircraft landing lights for hi-beam, inline with the number plates, know doubt.
John,
Got the pm. sounds good, so I'll keep the toploader close ratio box then, instead of an auto with stall converter and shift kit !!
would have thought the sludge box would be the go, at my age ..less to think about ha ha.