Sitt'in at the stop light....

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. Jones

Sitt'in at the stop light....

Post by Mr. Jones »

Spent the day running bids,I'm sitting at 63rd. and Troost in the left turn lane.I hear someone yelling at me,look to the right and this guy is halfway out his Lincoln,"Hay,I used to have one just like that.Mine was turquoise and white.And it was a C/S to"This guy was totally excited,"Mine was a 100,I kept it for 24 years".So I yelled back at him"You still got it" He yells back,"No,I sold to some kid that was born in 1965".Then the light changed....the end.
This will never happen in a Honda,and this is why I drive my Slicks exclusively every day.
Dan
36truck
United States of America

Re: Sitt'in at the stop light....

Post by 36truck »

That's cool. Old trucks RULE.
Tom Williams
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i seen yer pokey old ass on van brunt by the va. i was in a semi truck. damn, horn was broke so i couldn't make a racket. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Dan, it could happen sort of... but after 48 years, half that Honda would probably be a Toyota by then... :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Alan,
That would be the famous Honda/Toyota Mongol with the Flux-Capasitor power source.
Dan
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Good on you for using your truck daily. That's awesome, and I'd love to have that option. :)

But there was a time not too long ago that our trucks weren't getting that much love in comparison to the competition's offerings. When I dropped off my truck at the welder's place who was repairing my floor panels the fellow's brother was wondering why in the heck anyone in their right mind would spend money restoring a lowly Mercury. So at least at that time it seemed you had to have owned one to appreciate it. ;)

I would definitely say you'll get way more attention and thumbs-up from the general public driving an old truck, but I wouldn't rule out an old Honda getting some attention from a like-minded enthusiast. "Old" being a relative term, of course. Lots of the younger generation of car lovers started out in the Honda world, and they're not all perpetrating the giant wing, stickered-up, garish Fast & Furious stereotype. Many of those enthusiasts have graduated to the older domestic stuff too. And I've noticed a large demographic of customizers started out in the mini-truck world and moved on to older trucks from there.

You can bet if I saw a second-generation Integra driving around in 20 years I'd definitely take notice and probably chat up the owner, but only because I've owned one for the better part of 9 years and have gained an appreciation for them. A butt for every seat, so to speak.

I don't know if that'll happen, but my skepticism is more based on uncertainty of what will happen with automotive legislation in the future, and less on whether the cars themselves will last that long. The local Toyota dealership has an immaculate late-80's Supra with extremely low mileage, so there are people preserving the import stuff. ;)
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

If you don't think rice burner stuff has a following, just look at the prices of Honda motorcycles.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

It seems like almost anything could have a following. I was down in the Catskills a couple months ago and there was a meet going on there for all sorts of "older" (maybe 15-20 years plus)Volkswagen cars. Looked mostly like Jettas. Not my thing, but was still interesting to see Volkswagens driving around everywhere. I felt like I was in Germany :lol:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

we get lots of comments about both the slick and the 64 rambler. since they are the only vehicles we own we are always in either one or the other.
interestingly a lot of women seem to like the rambler for some reason, not sure why that is but even some French tourist women took pics of it.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Probably memories of time spent on those fully reclining seats, Ice :twisted:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Since I drive 150 miles between slick garages, I see a lot of fellow slick lovers on the road. Since most of the time I am driving a newer auto, I do not get the same feeling as when I am driving one of my slicks, nor do I get the same response when I flash the thumbs up.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!