A little something different on a Saturday

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

My wife's nightmare
United States of America

A little something different on a Saturday

Post by My wife's nightmare »

A friend of mine who seems to be involved in a bit of everything, "invited" me to go on a tractor ride yesterday. They left at 9:00 and my nephew, sister and her boyfriend were able to get in line with them. The nephew was on his Farmall C and the other two were in my daddy's 65 (which is now my sister's). The C made it about an hour before some trash from the fuel tank put him on a trailer. He jumped in the truck with his momma and her boyfriend. I caught up with them close to 12:00. The tour was to stop at Tom Smith's (Food Lion grocery stores founder) farm/tractor collection and lunch. There were 35-40 tractors and lots of folks out on their front yards waving. I didn't get enough pictures, mostly because I was having too much fun, but also because my 65 didn't appreciate trying to travel at 15 mph.
That is my daddy's truck in front of me:
If you can zoom in enough, there's an Oliver that is the last one in line. The young lady driving it was on her other Oliver when the ride started but she said it didn't seem to be running quite right, like a valve was sticking. It actually blew up (her words!) and so she jumped on her husband's Oliver and finished out the ride, with him standing on the drawbar. They just opened their own engine building/machine shop, and everyone says she is the better machinist, but she's too busy flying airplanes and painting race cars!! She plans to tear her tractor down this week and find out what broke and I'm pretty confident that part won't fail again

Of course I had my navigator with me:
And of course the one tractor picture I took had to be the of the blue section

All in all a great way to spend a few hours and renew some friendships and make new ones too, even if they were all about tractors!!!
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: A little something different on a Saturday

Post by slick4x4 »

:clap:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER