21 days out

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

21 days out

Post by Johnny Canuck »

21 days til Slickstock. Sigh....never missed one before. Gonna miss that crazy night shift. It was all started by Wyatt (Chuck Miller) (and Dane and Garbz) at the first SS. when he said,, "I think I am gonna stay out and have a beer." He attended the next one, where he and his son Chad and I were sitting outside in the rain, when the XL-100 showed up and we helped Farmer Bill unload it. Never had more fun in the rain, ever.
Then Chuck missed one, and he never really got back in the night shift groove, as he later had his better half along to keep him in line. No Power lost -anyone who knows him knows he is a giant among personalities in this club. The most unique of all the Slickstocks, in my mind was Slickstock 2. Not in Iowa or in KC, where all the other ones were.. this one was in York Pennsylvania. Chuck's home town. It was organized by a dedicated group of Slicksters, Chuck among them, that never got enough credit. Tim the Fanatic. Sinc, who was sick with worry the whole time, I don't think he ever got to enjoy himself. Others who should have got a prize, but barely got a thank you. Here's your thank you. THANK YOU.

These things are hard to organize. Kid and Robbin and Gerry and Kathy made them look easy. They weren't. They were (are)a lot of hard work, by a very few people. Gerry says he might not do another one. I don't blame him. These things are not for the weak or the lazy, or the ones who expect a lot of help. I certainly hope everyone appreciates the work Kid and Robbin and the others involved have put in for Slickstock 6. It might be easier as they go along, but it still is not a cake walk.
I sincerely hope everyone has a great time. I am told there will be a special guest attendee, one who loves Slickstock even more than me, if that is possible. I know he will have enough fun for both of us. You know who you are.
God Bless.
I won't miss Pats old jokes tho.
Just Pat.
and Foodstick.and Ezer. And Truckrat. and Steve. and the Canadian Connection.. and the Aussie connection. And the Texas..
oh forget it
Bolt.gif
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
foodstick

Re: 21 days out

Post by foodstick »

Dang dude.. you could write a best selling novel tonight !
I have to agree with all of it..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Oh we know who he is alrighty and will be good to see him..................any chance of a R&R pass?, you do deserve it! :(
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Hey !!!
Those jokes weren't old the first three times I told them.....
Sometimes gatoraid gives me Alzheimer's .....
Gonna miss you my Canadian friend :cry:
But at least I'll be able to drive my yellow ,with flames , Chebby powered Slick
Without getting beat up ! :bangin:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Where's that dam "like" button again? We will certainly miss you, JC, and will be certainly thinking of you and Lesley!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Toyz wrote:Where's that dam "like" button again? We will certainly miss you, JC, and will be certainly thinking of you and Lesley!
Paul

x2

for the others who are reading this and have never been, once you have attended you understand what your missing and if you have been to a few or all and then cant, well, its hard to deal with.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton