Thinking of not voting

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: Thinking of not voting

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I think voting is effective on a local level for government. As far as a national scale, it doesn't seem to matter when you take into consideration that the electoral college can override the popular vote. There's so much occurring behind the scenes that it's kind of daunting to even think about how it all works out.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Keep voting Doc
We need all the intelligent voters we can get
Apparently that wasn't the case the last two elections :(
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Doc Pepper wrote:the stupid masses are called "goyim" (cattle). "Catholic" (Catechumen) actually means "cattle."
Esoteric Freemasonry Borrows Heavily From The Jewish Kabbalah & Refers To Uninitiated Masses As "Profane". In Egypt The Pharaoh Was Depicted As Having A Sheperd's Crook In One Hand To Lead The Flock And A Scourge In The Other To Punish Those Who Strayed.. "My Rod & My Staff" So To Speak. The Pharaoh Gets His Way Regardless..............
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

we get vote by mail ballots here.

the thing that really has been annoying is all of the political ads
every candidate knocking hard on the others ads with lies, bs and generally just tooting their own horn.
truth be told i dont believe a single one of them nor do i believe the stuff being said about the "propositions"
they are basically wasted space as if they do pass some dumbass judges will declare them to be unconstitutional at a later date.
the politicians will pass laws that they exempt themselves from and then go on to collect their very nice retirement plan.

i firmly believe their should be term limits and that every politician should be up for election at the same time giving us the opportunity to vote them all out at the same time. those who have served 20 years or more are the most useless in my opinion.

there are spaces for you to write in your own candidate so i thought about writing in my wifes name in those spaces but then is this wasting a vote and maybe allowing the ones you really dont want a better chance of winning

it is a flawed process for sure but ignoring it is not the way to go.
i will fill out my ballot and drop it off at the courthouse in person saving the postage of 2 stamps.
voting is your right and responsibility and if you ignore it then you have no reason to complain about how it turns out.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Shake it up and vote for a third party? Lol
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results

elections are voting for the same people (or their relatives) repeatedly and expecting different results
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

you vote so you can bitch. no vote, no bitch. that is it.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

I can think of several people that would make
Good leaders for this country.....
But They have no intentions of getting into politics

It's a popularity contest
And the world loves a clown
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I vote against candidates most of the time, hoping for a better outcome. Then again, I think it's pretty much a waste of time and I do it anyway. I will vote again with little hope of any change to the good. We are in deep doodoo and things are just getting worse. Graft, greed , etc.. I like a lot of other people had hopes for better things from our presidents, and it has not happened, and not likely to. So my offer is to become absolute monarch and emperor. My first act would be declaring no lawyer can run for office. Second would be a purge of those same in office. Third would be to arrest those that have accepted any graft, which would include free vacations etc. and the people supplying said vacations. I would also go after the banking system. You can see why I would never have a chance to hold office, nor do I want to. I wouldn't last a week before being killed.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Doc,
Rather then not voting at all,the people who really want to make a change in the system are the ones who get no funding,have a shoe string budget,are ignored or censured by the media.They'll be hard to find,but you'll at least be voting for something.And something is always better than nothing.
Good luck,
Dan
*motor-mount*
United States of America

Post by *motor-mount* »

When are pepole going to reallize that most politions are on a power trip. Thank god for term limits. Im not voting because i got better ways to waist my time. Who ever might not be corrupt now,but give them a little bit of time in office. It never fails.
jim h shiflet jr
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

I may be young and dumb but I will say one thing.

IF YOU DONT VOTE YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!

Also think of how many people out there think "my vote don't count" and see what that might have done.
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

slick4x4 wrote:It's a popularity contest
And the world loves a clown

that about sums it up

one note, from my ballot about 99% of the local candidates were unopposed, hence no signs, phone calls or ads
things seem to run pretty smooth at the local level around here so i had no issues with the lack of competition.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
aarons428
Germany

Post by aarons428 »

YOU STILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ONE BIT ABOUT ANYTHING POLITICAL!!!!!

And how many people said "My vote don't count"!!!!!
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I feel strongly about voting.

That being said, I do not vote for every office. If I don't like one more than the other, I leave it blank. I, too, feel if you don't vote you have no right to complain. I also feel if you exercise your right to vote responsibly, you don't have to be held accountable for an idiot getting (re)elected, unless of course you voted for them.

Smart ass write in votes can cost elections. Example: We had 3 persons running for 2 seats locally. I really liked one so I voted for him. In my eyes, the other 2 were a wash, neither good or bad in total (and probably not all that much different, I'm just not crazy about either one). In the end, the guy I liked was the big winner, good for our local area we have a sincerely good person sitting in a seat of authority. The other 2 were 21 votes apart. There were 31 smart ass write-in votes. Those 31 clowns could have actually decided the outcome of the election.

Vote for what you believe in. Don't vote without being informed (by research or personal involvement, not by advertisements).

If you are uninformed don't vote on an issue (for example, we have a lot of judge retention "expressions of opinion" on ballots in Iowa and most people never get involved in the court system to know one judge from another so they vote against retention of all of them across the board, the outcome does not remove the judge it 's more of a show of faith so has very little effect).

JMO,
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!