redneck repairs

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

redneck repairs

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:rotflmao:
http://www.odometer.com/car-care/4787/2 ... de#slide/0

many years ago a friend had an old dodge dart. his muffler rusted out and being a rather frugal guy, took a campbells soup can , poked a few holes in it and clamped it on the pipe, then he started up the car and poked some more holes in it until it sounded right and was flowing enough to suit him.
several months later while driving we got pulled over by the cops for a loud car. the cop looked underneath and saw the can, which had by then rusted out.
the cop asked him if there was something better he could do, my friend looked at him and said " maybe a chunky soup can will last longer " the cop started laughing so hard at this he told us to go , without giving a ticket.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
foodstick

Re: redneck repairs

Post by foodstick »

I think there might be a campbells soup can somewhere in the bodywork of my pops ole 66 !
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

These are great!

When my grandpa was a kid he was riding home at night with his uncle and cousin. For whatever reason they lost headlights, so my grandpa and his cousin got to sit on the front fenders with flashlights the rest of the way home lol.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
*motor-mount*
United States of America

Post by *motor-mount* »

Before i was born, my twin uncles wer driving and the head lights whent out. They made it home by each of them holding a flash light out the window.
jim h shiflet jr
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Fair enough. I guess I'm more full of sh!t than a dairy farm on Sunday.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

This is a funny story supposed to be true. My Uncle was stranded downtown after a huge snowstorm one time.. the snow was pretty dry but real deep.. My Dad said he couldn't drive the car in it the three miles to get my Uncle so he took his small motorcycle and road feet down all the way there and back. My Dad said it was just narrow enough it would cut thru the snow, and the roads weren't real packed and icy underneath. Sounds impossible to me..but my Dad wasn't one to lie to me ...