trip to Salina

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

trip to Salina

Post by Kid »

Well my wife and I are heading to Slina Ks today to drop the trail;er off at Pat and Colleens. Gerry and Cathy are meeting us there along with Gary ( truckrat ) and Paul , ( toyz ). We are just going to visit and hang out for a couple days. If you are in the are let us know we ill be staying at the Ss hotel in Salina...........
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Toyz
United States of America

Re: trip to Salina

Post by Toyz »

Heard something about some local pie festival or some such; sounds right up my alley!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

y'all have a great time
ill be there next august
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Met with Tanglefoot briefly tonight at the Gypsum restaurant
Tomorrow (sat) TruckRat is gonna look for some parts in my truck stash
Sunday is the second annual PovertyFlats car show...
Good times !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Have a great trip Darrell, and say G`day to everyone there for us thanks mate!

now how I really feel................. :cussing: :cussing: you lucky buggers, wish we could of made it for that :(
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Having a great time hanging out with some great people.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I made the trip up to Salina Friday the 22nd. Got to the hotel about 12:30 and checked in.
Ran over across I-135 and got a sub sandwich at Subway and came back.
Lots of eating establishments near there by the way. Not long after that Darrell and Robbin and Gerry and Kathy rolled in. Later on Pat and Colleen came by and that evening we all went to ''Exit 14'' for supper. Great food and good times.
After supper Pat took us to the Tarn's place not far from Gypsum. Great little place to visit and the Tarns are great folks. We invited them to Slick Stock next year and they invited all of us to come by there in our trucks.
Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and pretty much stayed indoors most of the day. Paul showed up in the early afternoon. Drove in from KC and hung out with us.
Ate Barbeque at the Hickory Hut just down the road from the hotel on Crawford street for a late lunch. Rain was pouring when we got there. Rode around for a while and ended up at Pat's barn to see what he was working on. Had his Combine and a Flareside 4 x 4 in there. I wanted to do some parts picking but the ground was way too soft to get out there without sinking up to my knees.
Later on we went back to the hotel and visited some more until lunch wore off.
The center courtyard at the hotel is massive in size and makes a good place to gather.
At one time it was all open when the hotel was built and I am wondering if there was a pool in the middle. Never heard yes or no on that one as the staff there are mostly younger folks. There is an indoor pool which seemed to be very popular with the kids staying there. Later on Saturday evening Colleen ordered some Pizzas and Pat brought some beer and we had our supper.
Sunday we checked out and all went back to ''Exit 14'' over at Gypsum for breakfast.
The Poverty Flats Car Show & Pie Festival was being held beginning at 10 am that morning and lots of cars and trucks were rolling in. At last count they were up to 105 entries and they were still coming in. Darrell, Gerry, and I bought event T-shirts and walked around looking at all the entries.
Before too long it was time to go and we all headed out for home. Even though it rained it was a fun weekend and the company couldn't have been better unless more of you had been there.
Folks, from what I have seen and heard, SS 7 is going to ROCK. TR