"Fireworks Are No Joke!"

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shadow

"Fireworks Are No Joke!"

Post by Shadow »

A Good Friend Of Mines Son & Grandchild Had To Be Airlifted To KU Med Center After The Load Of "Artillery-Shell's" Exploded In His Back Seat And Blew The Car Up! It Tore The Roof Off His Chrysler 300. I Hope They Will Be Okay, No Word Yet On Their Condition. The Neighborhood I Live In Was Like A Warzone Last Night And My Dog's Were Nervous Wrecks. It's Just Plain Stupid! :cry: Image
skidoorulz
United States of America

Re: "Fireworks Are No Joke!"

Post by skidoorulz »

Here in Billings last night a 32 year old man was killed when an artillery shell hit him. (I'm guessing in the head) He died of blunt force trauma. But even with that, I hope our freedom to celebrate our freedom, is never taken away from us.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

There are laws against fireworks in Illinois, and up until a few years ago, fireworks usually meant a visit from our local police and a warning to stop . Now it is like mentioned, sounding like a war zone. Life goes on and I feel for your friends pain. I wish all well. I don't object to pop bottle rockets or small firecrackers. Some of the stuff being sold to the average person are just plain scary. People die every day from all kinds of accidents which is normal. I don't believe in the term saving a life per say. All of us have a one way ticket and not all will live a long life. An adult getting killed by his own foolishness doesn't bother me as a general rule. You pay your money and you take your chances. A child is a different thing . I hate seeing a child hurt. In addition, the lessons being taught to a child about the careless handling of fireworks is asking for that child to eventually get hurt even though something doesn't happen at the time. I don't know what happened in that car nor what caused it, but it is very sad situation.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

A man died in Maine after some fireworks were set off on his head. I wonder what they were drinking and/or smoking ?
64 litl un

Post by 64 litl un »

Freedom is not safe, never has been , never will be.
I can drive it home with one headlight.
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

There are regulation in Canada for shooting fireworks too, public can still buy small stuff in certain areas but most municipalities have banned the sale. The quality of the shells have gone down and are getting dangerous even for the workers. I have my license to shoot and worked with a group for our July 1st fireworks, in the 25 years I have been involved we have never had as many prematurely firing and faulty fireworks.

Dean
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck