On the slickstock trail

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

On the slickstock trail

Post by Johnny Canuck »

OK boyz. New house is one month away with a heated shop, already too cold to work in the one here. I have a week off at Xmas. Time for this ol' boy to get his arse in gear. I haven't lifted a wrench to the Slick since Feb.

Anybody else gonna be in a rush?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

I'm right behind you JC :shock:
Just got to finish paint and body get the motor together and assemble the whole thing :shock:
Want to trade evil_lol.gif
See you in KC :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I'm going with the 2-minute drill too (more or less). IF I make it to KC in my truck, I do believe it will be driveable but definitely not finished - but who cares.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Sorry John, you had this coming! I am feeling poetic tonight hurrah.gif

Here we go guys and gals, a little precursor to the holidays!

Twas the year before Slickstock and all through the shop, not a tool was a stirring, not even a mop

the coverals were hung by the toolbox with care, in hopes that ambition would move them from there

the welder was dusty, parts laid in the bed (box)LOL, while visions of completion danced in JC's head

and ma with her rolling pin chasing me as I went, out to the garage yelling about all the money I've spent

when out on the puter there arose such a clatter, I nearly dropped my beer to see what was the matter.

away to the laptop I flew in a flash, I openned my paypal account and filled it with cash

The LCD glow of the monitor gave way, to the dream I've been having for many a day

For what to my lustful eyes should appear, twas a Ford powered Bricklin, 75 was the year.

with a 351 Windsor so lively and quick, I knew if I was outbid I would surely be sick

"buy it now" was in sight, out with the mouse he came, he clicked once, he clicked twice as he called out their names. Hoofbeat and Garbz, Banjo and FBPete, even SlickFan in Utah and Nebraska's Greg D! El Polacko, Heavy Hauler, Brother Vinnie, Uncle Skip, Oh Iceman please forgive me don't think that I've flipped

For I've bought a Bricklin to fullfill a dream, to cruise Route 66 in style it it would seem

But what have I done, I have too many rides. I must sell a truck and swallow my pride.

Good thing for Dean, he's sure to make the trip. He'll buy my girl Jinx with the Volare front clip.

I'm the #1 poster on this Slick 60s website, someone will buy her to make things all right. And he did take the Uni as we all can see, to park next to one on his rotisserie.

Now that brings me back to my original fun, a 64 Merc that still doesn't run. I've been to 04 and 06 empty handed, if I don't start this soon I will surely be branded!

As a poster who leads with hints and with tricks, but never can seem to show up with a slick!

So back to the garage he returned on a mission, to show up at 08 in the driver's position. With a wrench in his left and a beer is his right, I heard him exclaim as he went out of sight.

Happy Slickstock to all and to all a Good Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is it's about time Johnny Boy. Hope everyone has a good laugh at your expense :rotflmao:
Mark

66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Funny! Very well written. Good luck JC, I know what you mean about not lifting a wrench since Feb.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL very good mark :clap:

Yes spent all summer on the Bricklin. But she is better for for wear now with new brakes all around, new water pump, starter, fan,tune up,gas tank, fuel pump, rebuilt carb etc.

Two things holding me back on the truck. It passed 4 years in construction and I just got tired of never getting anywhere on it. and, i will have to drill holes in the firewall to install wiring harnesses, and that just makes me kinda queasy. But, no i realize, in Mark the Elvis impersonator's vernacular, that it now or never. In the spring, there will be all that landscaping crap that goes with a new house. so, Xmas time is the perfect time to get the ol' girl a runnin.

Then, all I got is finishing stuff. That stuff only took uncle Skip 2 years, and he never drives his. Mine has to go to Kansas city in 9 months. Better get on the stick.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

:rotflmao:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:laughing:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Nice! :laughing:

JC, you're getting a new house? Did I miss the thread?
We need pics! :D

My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

Very Nice. I didn't know we had any poets around these parts
Cheers,
Jarrod
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Ah JC---get to work.

I seem to remember the stress of getting my Uni inspected and tagged at 4:30 in the afternnoon before "06" Having never driven the truck more than 2 miles. But it was the greatest to have it there. Good Luck !!

Tim

oh and that poem is FANTASTIC
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Slick Fan wrote:Nice! :laughing:

JC, you're getting a new house? Did I miss the thread?
We need pics! :D

Slick. 21 months in construction when I move in Dec 15. I work for the builder, this is the second one I have designed for myself, since that is what I have done for 29 years for a living. Employees get last priority, so it took a LONG time. As you know, out here in Mountain Standard time is it dark as bejeeziz at 5 ish now. So tomorrow I will go snap some pics.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:? Sorry Johnny I just came in from the pool with the grandkids,what are you going to take pics of what? :lol: .

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

That stuff only took uncle Skip 2 years, and he never drives his. Mine has to go to Kansas city in 9 months. Better get on the stick.

JC, you can't use that as an excuse because Texas trrucks don't go to SlickStock!
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Heck, Gregg, Texas PEOPLE don't even go to Slickstock! ( Except one nut, but we don't count him.) Thanks, Lyman.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Yeah but that's one GIANT nut !

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

He can't be Texan that guy, I never once heard him say how much better things are in Texas. Plus he's extremely helpful cheerful and funny. Now those alone are not uncommon in The "Don't mess with" state, but all together? He says he is from Texas.. but.. 8)

Maybe I just never met enough Texans. Can't, because they don't "do" Slickstock. :lol:
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Great poem HR.

Congrats on the new digs JC.

My ride is ready to go to Slickstock, now if it just works out for me.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

New house pics
1 month to go

couldn't get any good shots of the basement room under the garage. The garage is 24 x 24 with a 12 ft ceiling
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Very nice JC. You don't have a big enough garage thou. :D Where you gona park the slick & Bricklin?
Tom Williams