Site suggestion

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dbrady

Site suggestion

Post by dbrady »

I love the site and thought I'd propose a suggestion. No idea of the technical components or feasibilty of the idea, just throwing it out for consideration.

In an effort to reduce spam, maybe we could limit the ability to post in the for sale section until a member has 30 days and XX number of posts made. Most spammers are too lazy to get around a waiting period. Regarding posts, it would be easy to eliminate posts which are clearly made to drive up the number of posts.

Also maybe the addition of flagging posts like they do on Criagslist. Could set up categories such as "spam", "wrong forum", "slicks with chevy motors" - you get the idea. Have it set so once a certian number of respective members flag the post than it is deleted.

And yes, this idea is in response to our new friend "Partsdoctor" with the health issues trying to sell his junk on the site.
Darren

2010 F150
1967 Mustang Coupe
1966 F100
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Site suggestion

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

there is already a flag for real spam and scams its the red ! at the bottom right corner of the post.

the moderators do an excellent job of keeping things right and i do not believe in limiting new members from posting for sale items.

granted there may be some abuse like multiple for sale posts by one person of the same truck or item but it is rare and when it becomes excessive or irritating the mods will take action.
same goes for foul arguments and threads that get out of hand like political or harassment about engine choices.

:2cents:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
dbrady

Re: Site suggestion

Post by dbrady »

Great - thanks for the heads up about the red !

My comment on the "slicks with chevy motors" was meant as humor.
Darren

2010 F150
1967 Mustang Coupe
1966 F100