On the road to slick Stock

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

On the road to slick Stock

Post by Alan Mclennan »

As you all know we are driving in a Kia Sorento, woulldn`t be my choice of car but hey, it`s a rental !, seems to have Fuzzy lodgic transmission, which can be a pain when you want to kick down a gear and get moving, and it feels like it wants to pull to the right a bit, anyhow, up until Witchita it was only getting dirty, we stayed the night there and were filling up the next day when Lyn said someone has hit the back passangers door, I thought oh welll thee things happen, well it must have been the combat door of a APC that hit it! :shock: hope Alamo agree....so on our merry way we went, and cought up with Colleen and Pat in Salina, second day there we went sight seeing to Lindsborg where almost every shop was closed, other than a couple of hair dressers and the local Hardware store, so we headed back to Salina for some Retail theropy for Lyn and some nice fresh fruit. We had just gotten into the car and had reversed out and were about to drive off when we started to move sideways and up...Bugger!!, this car doesnt even have low gear let alone sideways gear :cussing: it was a GMC Terrain doing it.....Ah flux thats all we need, we get out and survey the damage, luckily it wasn`t too bad after all just scratched clear coat on both cars bumpers... Uncle Skip guess what her name was!...yep you got it " Nadine" !. So after a longish phone call to Alamo we were on our way again.
Tonight I think we are off to Exit 14 for tea after a visit to the Weller Truck Farm.......... :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: On the road to slick Stock

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

too bad alamo did not have any of these for you
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4604775522.html
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

That would take all the fun out of it.... :mrgreen:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

"Take all the fun out of it", hell. Just take the mail car, get Lyn an oversize book to prop up on the dash with laptop beside it. Then pull up right behind some trucker, (preferably not Greg or Chris) and just kinda ease out enough the trucker can see the left side! I used to let my buddy's dog ride "shotgun" in my rhd TR-3; actually had truckers hit the shoulder to figure out that long-haired driver!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

You did remember we drive on the right side of the road, didn't you?

Have a safe remainder of your trip, see ya Sunday!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!