Peace - Love - Bondo

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Peace - Love - Bondo

Post by Uncle Skip »

I found a product called "Onion Board" by a company named U-Pol at AJ Foyt Paint store. Its a pad of special paper for mixing body fillers and such. You can clean the sheet with a razor blade for re-use as long as the putty hasn't completely hardened. When you're done, tear the sheet off and throw it away and Presto, a brand new mixing surface is staring you in the face.
Looks like there's about 100 sheets to a pad.
Personally, I love it. Give it a try.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
grump

Re: Peace - Love - Bondo

Post by grump »

I've used those pads before and they do work nice, but I still end up using my piece of stainless steel to mix plastic filler on. It doesn't clean up as easy as the pad does but I've been using that hunk of metal for at least 15 years. I guess if I was smart I would get one of those mixing pads again and try again, I would use a lot less solvent for clean up.
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Im with Skip great time saver. No fuss no muss just tear off the used sheet throw away and ready for the next mix and spread. I hadn't worked with body filler in a number of years. They seem to be much more user friendly and easier to use.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
Harrscars

Post by Harrscars »

I've got a pad of them I use at work. They are a easy clean up that's for sure. At home I have a piece of Formica countertop with the front bull nose section. It's about 14 inches square. I love that board it's about 10 yrs old now. Takes a razor or a thinner cleaning and looks like brand new again.

Now speaking of easy clean ups. If you have never tried the pps system for the spray guns it is awesome. Costs up front but it's a beautiful product once you get used to it.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I have also had decent luck using that old coroplast sign material. old garage signs and political sign stuff...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I use a piece of glass, don`t know its story but it`s tinted and as tough a nails
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif