1966 f250 4x4 steps to restoration

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

digin66

1966 f250 4x4 steps to restoration

Post by digin66 »

I am in need of some guidance. I have a solid rust free cab that has been blasted, etched, and epoxy primed to replace the rotten dented and beyond repair original that was on my truck. it has not been seam sealed yet. this project is many years already in the making and I am not sure how many more years until it even sees paint. My dilemma is I have to bring my frame in next, pull the old cab and move over all the wiring to the new cab so I can start the frame. I would like to paint the inside firewall, put in place the firewall insulation mat, and undercoat/paint the engine firewall and underneath of the cab in order to move the entire wiring harness over to the new cab. Am I thinking about this in the wrong way? My concern is when I send it to the shop to get all the final body work done and paint will they run into problems if I have the firewall pad and harness in place already when they go to paint the floor and kick panels or will there be enough room to tape off that area and spray? Also recommendations on just painting the entire cab inside and out same color versus doing the firewall inside and out and the cab bottom in a black chassis saver type finish. My goal is to use this truck and show it so I want durability from the PA weather.
bruceandersson

Re: 1966 f250 4x4 steps to restoration

Post by bruceandersson »

It all depends on what you want as a final result. It will be easier for the body shop to work if there is nothing in their way. This will also prevent overspray on your harness and firewall pad. It always fun trying to trace wires when they are the same color.