SlickStock '16 - How big?

The next great event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jimwarneke
United States of America

SlickStock '16 - How big?

Post by jimwarneke »

How-dee Yall!

A brand new owner here ... got my first Slick - a '65 F100 Styleside. It's pretty solid and running and driving with a Fox body Mustang 302 and T-5 tranny installed by the last owner, but slightly banged up so I am going to drop it and go with the 'used' look with an updated interior instead of a complete resto.

Slickstock looks like a cool idea to me ... I think I can get it road ready in time, but it's a 1,000 mile trip from NE Ohio so I was wondering how big of a gathering this will be? I drove 300 miles just to get the hood for the truck, as well as a trip to St Louis to pickup my '66 Galaxie ... so it's not the miles, but if I'm going to convince the wife to burn some va-cay with me I need a little more info to sell the idea.

Jim
Last edited by jimwarneke on February 17, 2015, 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'65 F100 Longbed Styleside
'66 Galaxie XL 500 Custom build
'67 Ranchero
'94 Mustang GT Coupe
'98 Mustang GT Vert
'04 Mustang GT Vert
'04 F150

and the wife's ...
'11 Dodge Durango
Toyz
United States of America

Re: SlickStock '16 - How big?

Post by Toyz »

:welcome: , Jim!
You might check out the pics and posts from last year's event for an idea of size. It's a do not miss event IMO, and it will be a little closer next year for the Texas members, which I hope means an even greater Texas contingent! Your name sounds familiar, but I don't know where you are located in Ohio. Regardless, there is a good possibility of others following the same path to the destination. Not sure of activities for the ladies; my wife is a hard sell by virtue of my previous Salina excursions including arrivals with an un-loaded car hauler, and departures with somewhat overloaded truck and trailer :evil:
Plans will firm up as we get closer; we have new hosts, and I have no doubt they will go all out to make this a memorable event!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

It's the perfect size , to have one of the best times ever

It's not quantity .... It's quality that counts...
At least that's what I tell my wife :roll:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
grump

Post by grump »

I live in N.W. Ohio and I've made it to the last three Slickstocks. I definitely will be at the next one also. It's a great place to meet the greatest bunch of people and talk trucks and maybe solve some of the problems of the world at the same time. You will see trucks from everyday drivers to show and magazine trucks and a tremendous amount of knowledge about our old trucks. Is it a big event? No. Is it a great event, oh yeah!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

G`day Jim, that's a fair old drive alright, heck we only have to drive up from Dallas TX, bout 480 something miles I think, but that is after a 15.5 hour flight with a 1.5 hour shuttle trip before that, Oh and on the wrong side of the road at that!.... 2016 will be our 5th trip to Slick Stock, and we'd probably do it again tomorrow if the same people would show up, so come on down and join the show, I hear people from Ohio have a strong accent, is that true :D ... nah just kidding if you have the time to come it will be well spent!.... Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jimwarneke
United States of America

Post by jimwarneke »

Thanks for the replies! - I looked at the pics and it seems about 40-50 participants? I'll keep an eye on the forum for more info as it becomes available.
'65 F100 Longbed Styleside
'66 Galaxie XL 500 Custom build
'67 Ranchero
'94 Mustang GT Coupe
'98 Mustang GT Vert
'04 Mustang GT Vert
'04 F150

and the wife's ...
'11 Dodge Durango
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Jim first of all :welcome: to Slick 60s. This will be my 5th Slick Stock in a row.
There are a lot more folks there than the pictures show. You just usually can't get
them all in a camera lens unless it's a wide angle one at the same time. We try to get
a group shot together every time though. As many people have said on their first trip
to Slick Stock, it is like hanging out with a bunch of my closest friends that I had just met.
That was my experience in 2008 in Kansas City at my first one. Haven't missed one since.
Congrats on finding a good running Slick. Maybe you could hook up with ''Grump'' and
travel together when you come since you are from the same area. As has already been said,
once you attend your first Slick Stock you won't want to miss any. TR
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

welcome to the Slickness.. I will be making the trip again in "Eventually" from Huntington WV... we , my wife and I, made the 1700 mile round trip to Iowa last year and we LOVED it. these are the best family members that you have never met... an awesome time with super people...
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

You should be able to caravan. Start with Grump and you'll be going thru other states where other guys live. There are some in Illinois, several in Iowa. Pick up a gang along the way.

It's not a huge volume of trucks. It's a nice mix, every slick style is usually represented. About any engine you can think of (within reason) and a wide range of ages. Not a lot of down time but not exhausting either. Everything from survivor stockers to full custom magazine trucks.

I'm sure our host Pat will have a good time planned.

Come on down!
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!