It is currently November 25, 2017, 4:35 am.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 8, 2017, 6:47 am 

I have a set of door panels for a custom cab with the trim. These are fiberglass and are a little dirty but should clean up or run as is in a driver. I'd like to get 250 for the pair and we work out shipping.

I'm having issues attaching a picture so pm me your number and I can txt you a picture.

PostPosted: October 17, 2017, 9:24 am 

Bump these are taking up space and need to go

PostPosted: October 31, 2017, 2:56 pm 

Nobody interested?

PostPosted: November 9, 2017, 8:49 pm 

Maybe a pic or 2 might help.

PostPosted: November 9, 2017, 10:50 pm 

National Flag: Canada
At first, I thought you were selling the CC Aluminum Trim & Inserts (which are plastic) that go on the upper part of door around the inner door handle & window crank....like this

.........but then when I saw fiberglass in the description, I realized that it's more likely what you're selling is the zippered pockets & trim that replace the metal access panel on the lower half of the door??

like this

and yah, pics ALWAYS help sell stuff:)

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: November 10, 2017, 10:00 pm 

Since photo bucket did it's thing I can't upload from there.

I tried to use the attach though the website and it says the board attachment limit has been reached.

They are the panels behind the door handle and window crank. I thought they were fiberglass re pops. Guess they are plastic. They have the factory aluminum trim.

I can txt pics or email. I really want to move these because they are taking up space.

PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 10:35 am 

National Flag: United States of America
jamesdfo wrote:
At first, I thought you were selling the CC Aluminum Trim & Inserts (which are plastic) that go on the upper part of door around the inner door handle & window crank....like this

.........but then when I saw fiberglass in the description, I realized that it's more likely what you're selling is the zippered pockets & trim that replace the metal access panel on the lower half of the door??

jamesdfo: I'm like you, I didn't know what he was selling either. I do know that FORD at some point in the late 80's-early 90's did discontinue the white plastic door panels, and soon after that, a company down south somewhere started making a fiberglass repro of them.
Over 4-6 years they made and sold a few over 600 pair, because they were the ONLY supplier of them. They had a white gelcoat surface, and a thin layer of fiberglass on the back to make them stiff enough to use. It had to be thin so you could be able to get the aluminum trim back on them.
I saw a set that a guy had at a swap meet in Maggie Valley N.C. last year. They were made well and held up well, but this guy is BIG on NOS parts so when another company finally started making plastic ones again, he bought a set of them, and was wanting to sell his fiberglass ones. The company that made the glass ones, could actually buy the plastic ones from the other company cheaper than what he had in the glass ones, so he just quit making them.

They also made some fiberglass 65-66 radiator supports at that same time, but only sold 3, because it was too early for fiberglass back then. Everybody wanted to hold out and find a good used steel support.

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 12:02 pm 

Oldsmiley: I was unaware that anyone had re-popped the inserts in fiberglass. One member on here makes them in plastic (Irl), and I may go with those when the funds are available. I already have the trim and a pair of rough inserts....the problem is, I have a crew, so I need FOUR of all this stuff:):) At least now all I need to do is get the inserts, which are easier to obtain than the trim.....
Cheers!
James

oldsmiley wrote:
jamesdfo wrote:

jamesdfo: I'm like you, I didn't know what he was selling either. I do know that FORD at some point in the late 80's-early 90's did discontinue the white plastic door panels, and soon after that, a company down south somewhere started making a fiberglass repro of them.
Over 4-6 years they made and sold a few over 600 pair, because they were the ONLY supplier of them. They had a white gelcoat surface, and a thin layer of fiberglass on the back to make them stiff enough to use. It had to be thin so you could be able to get the aluminum trim back on them.
I saw a set that a guy had at a swap meet in Maggie Valley N.C. last year. They were made well and held up well, but this guy is BIG on NOS parts so when another company finally started making plastic ones again, he bought a set of them, and was wanting to sell his fiberglass ones. The company that made the glass ones, could actually buy the plastic ones from the other company cheaper than what he had in the glass ones, so he just quit making them.

They also made some fiberglass 65-66 radiator supports at that same time, but only sold 3, because it was too early for fiberglass back then. Everybody wanted to hold out and find a good used steel support.

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 8:04 pm 

National Flag: United States of America
Jamesdfo: I sure don't envy you. I bet some of that 4 door stuff IS killer to find. Is it 2 tone with the trim or a solid color?

Profile Personal album  
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 9:17 pm 

The crew was not originally a Custom Cab, but I've picked up enough of the inner door trim pieces to do all four doors (the back door trims will need to be modified, as the doors are shorter), the inserts won't be a problem.
I still need to find FOUR of the inner trim pieces that go above the door openings, along the edge of the headliner........
Mine was a single colour when new (Code J, Rangoon Red), final colour has not been decided YET, but I am considering Rangoon Red/Wimbledon White.....

oldsmiley wrote:
Jamesdfo: I sure don't envy you. I bet some of that 4 door stuff IS killer to find. Is it 2 tone with the trim or a solid color?

Profile Personal album