Need a lil help IDing my 352

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

My1stSlick
United States of America

Need a lil help IDing my 352

Post by My1stSlick »

Ok so we started going thru the truck, identifying this and that...
I know this truck has a 352 in it, and now i "think" it might be on of those FE motors....

I say this because I'm under the impression that the non-FE motors all used 2bbl carbs.

My motor has a Carter Competition Series 4bbl carb. Dad says it is the stock carb as far as he knows... I also noticed that my dad put an Edlebrock Performer390 intake manifold on it about 4 years ago when he had the motor bored and rebuilt( Is that a good one to continue using? I know it's better than the stock intake).

Is that it or is there any other identifying feature that would tell me if this was an FE motor? Unfortunately all the VIN tags and id plates are gone. Whoever repainted the truck for my dad lost them.

Please and thanks!
bluebolt

FE

Post by bluebolt »

If it's a 352 it's an FE, end of story, whether it's a two barrel or four barrel.
I am fairly sure a Carter AFB never came on a 352, just the 2100 2 barrel or 4100 four barrel carbs.
bluebolt

Performer 390 intake

Post by bluebolt »

The performer 390 Edelbrock intake is a decent intake, not much more HP or torque than stock 4 barrel intake but 75 pounds lighter! Will probably save you from a hernia operation.
My1stSlick
United States of America

Post by My1stSlick »

Ok thanks for the reply.. i did some more digging and realized that FE stands for Ford/Edsel. I was initially under the impression that it was some special designation like "Interceptor" motors, but now I think I have it right.

I guess I was hoping that the 4bbl carb would help me better identify how much HP this motor makes... at I see quite a few different sets of HP numbers for this motor floating around on the interwebs... between 200 and 360... and I was hoping to find out what seperated the low number motors from the hotter ones.
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

..............but he still needs to know how to ID an FE.
If you are looking for FE parts, like an A/C setup with pulleys and brackets, you will have to get everything from another FE. It won't matter which FE, they are all the same on the outside. Components from other engine families won't fit.
Here is how to tell: Look where the valve cover coversthe head where the head joins the intake manifold.
If the valve cover fits over BOTH the head and the intake, it is an FE.
The FE is unique in this, except for its big brother the FT, but you find those in the bigger trucks, and very little interchanges anyway.
My1stSlick
United States of America

Post by My1stSlick »

Good to know, thanks alot!
65 66 Ford

Post by 65 66 Ford »

My1stSlick wrote: ... and I was hoping to find out what seperated the low number motors from the hotter ones.
MONEY :shock:
Fran

65 Ford F100 CC style side looooongbedddddd

Be American buy American