slick irritants

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

I'm still not understanding, or liking, the door locks. Gimme a friggin button that moves up or down.

Adrianspeeder
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

adrianspeeder wrote:I'm still not understanding, or liking, the door locks. Gimme a friggin button that moves up or down.

No way Man, the door locks are a stroke of genius! It's physically impossible for you (or more realistically, your significant other) to lock the keys in the truck! :thumright: :thumright: And, there's no way you can accidentally lock yourself in either...when you want out, you're out! No fumbling for the door lock, so you can exit the vehicle. :cheers:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

I also dont like how on every custom cab the short piece of side trim behind the driver door is higher than the door and bedside trim, it looks the same on nearly every custom cab!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

The door lock IMO is a cool feature. Something different and yes the locking yourself in thing is easy to do so that is also nice. Haha.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I AGREE On the door locks, cannot lockyourself out like my wife did in her 2004 Mustang, but all you need to unlock the Mustang is a long steak knife, it is thin enough to go between the glass & the point will be enough to catch the door lock & boom its open,,My 07 450 mif you leve it running or key in ignition the minute you shut the drivers side door it pos back open to remind you key is ignition any way back to slicks The Core support bolts can be nerve racking at times
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

You live in NC? Ok I am going to your place with a steak knife! LOL :p
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Welded, 1 piece, dashboard & cab shell makes it impossible to repair top cowl panels door kinked by idiots who back up with doors open. Which brings up a lack of adequate door adjustment motion, planes & directions w/ Strap Type Hinges Henry chose for Slicks. :cussing: :help:

A lack of interior or interior attaching points for those of us preferring "plush" to utilitarian decor inside, to go with "lack of a good headliner", as 65TremecGT pointed out . . . . :thumright:

As for "drainage" I have a drill so I put holes where they really need to be, especially here in Hurricane and torrential deluge Land. . . :| :lol: :roll:

I don't get totally Bummed tho. I'm thankful I don't have to deal with Brand X's like my acquaintances. :bs: :arse: :hm: :woohoo: :rotflmao:

Ball Joints On A truck & without any frame side rails at all? Just an X for a chassis???? :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :bangin: Really Now. . . . :peepwall:

FBp :roll: 8)
Change is the Only Constant
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Tom, i have lockout tools and used to do on a regular basis, and the newer Ford trucks are very easy to get into.i can do it almost as fast as using the key.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

the thing i find most annoying is the body lines on my 63. you almost cant line it up so the truck does not look like its bent. but the 57-60 bed is probably to blame.