1998-2002 Camaro Front end swap question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

truckerdaddy66

1998-2002 Camaro Front end swap question

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

I have a 1966 F100. I recently saw a 1998-2002 Camaro front end on Ebay, looks like a good front end for a swap. Anyone done this swap? Measurements on Ebay says from side to side are 34.5" hole to hole, and 19" front to back, hole to hole. Looks like you would have to build a tower support for the upper A frame, but it looks like it would be a good deal. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

There are several guys who have Camaro clips in the club, but apparently none that will admit to it. :?
You might have more success posting this in 'Truck Talk', as the tips and tricks section is supposed to be for tips and tricks that people have already done and want to share.

Best o' luck!

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

It's kinda like, no one wants to thin Royal blood.....................
8) 8) 8)
Jim
ELpolacko

Re: 1998-2002 Camaro Front end swap question

Post by ELpolacko »

truckerdaddy66 wrote: looks like a good front end for a swap. Anyone done this swap? Measurements on Ebay says from side to side are 34.5" hole to hole, and 19" front to back, hole to hole.

Thanks.

Left out a few other dimensions. How about track width, wheel offset needed and such.

I have seen the earlier strut type front ends used on cars before. Ford even did a FOX chassis type front end on thier FR100 trucks. Whole lot of effort went into those for results no better than what is currently available for a whole lot less effort.