My 66 F350

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tanman722001

My 66 F350

Post by tanman722001 »

Hi guys,I got the tune up and oil changed on it.It runs pretty good still need to rebuild carb.Got the new tail lights in and got the back of bed painted and new tail lights install.And got new clearance lights too.I cut two more hole on the drive side of the bed to put more clearance light in.Got the driveside painted and light are in the bed.Still have to wire one of them up yet..And then I go to the Passenger side and I have a couple spots I need to fix yet and cut two more hole on that side.And get it painted.Still have the head board to fix too.And redo the doors on the toolboxes too.I order new Manifolds they should be here soon then get them on and get my exhaust redone.I took it down the road yesterday and it runs out pretty good.But I need to check the frobt brakes out is pulls to the right some.I do have Linc plate and ins. on it already so when I get it done it will be ready to drive.And I still need to get 4 tires for it yet too.I think I covered everything I have done to it.Just want to let you guys know what I been up too.Later Tony

PS still need to find a few parts yet
tanman722001

Post by tanman722001 »

Nobody have nothing to say.
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Sounds like you been busy, Tony.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
douglloyd

Post by douglloyd »

Way to go Tony! These are hard workers.

Here the link(?) to a picture of my 1 ton [albumimg]1012[/albumimg] dually. The P.O replaced the engine (big six) and rebuilt the front end - steers great!

I went through the brakes first thing - got a rebuilt vacuum booster/master cylinder and new wheel cylinders all around. I replaced all the springs, shoes and cables as well. Front drums are still available, but I could not find the rear ones (Dana/Spicer Model 70) so we just cleaned up the old ones. After all that, it still pulls to the right if I really bear down on the pedal.

Since these are straight front axle, I don't think the disc brake swap with a pre 80's donor will work. With the New Process four speed mine goes slow enough that fast stops are generally not a problem.

I have all my receipts if you have trouble scoring parts and have more pix that I could send. Let me know if you need any F-350 sections of the '66 shop manual.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

sounds like you have been trying to keep busy.

the only way to get any f350 upgrades is to go to a 67 f350 frame.then you get twin i beam front with dual mc and power disc brakes,and the 8 lug pattern .
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

you could have the brake adjustment too tight on the right that could cause your pull I always adjusted mine then found a gravel road and applied the brakes and found the one that locked up first and then adjusted the opposite side tighter. So if the right side locks up on gravel adjust the left side to be tighter or loose the right side.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
tanman722001

Post by tanman722001 »

Hi Guys I put up two morw pics in the Album.I will keep you in mind douglloyd .Paul I havent done the brakes yet that is one of my next things to do.