Troubled marriage

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cookster4495

Troubled marriage

Post by cookster4495 »

Bought another slick,wife thinks I'm pulling her leg :shock:
I try to explain the sickness,she's not buying it.
Tell her another piece of the puzzle,says I should put the puzzles I already have together before bringing home more ''orphans''. :lol:

But,but,but it's REALLY gonna be cool when all the pieces come together I tell her,,,she rolls her eyes.
I dont know,,is it just me?

My name is Larry,,I have a slick problem :wink:
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

LOL< larry as you well know it is not just you. We all suffer the same problem and it does not stop with Slicks. I came home one nite and told me wife I bought a tractor, she asked me why we needed a tractor and I told her I didnt say we needed one I said I bought one. She still does not understand, LOL. She looks at all the extra parts and the chop top setting in the garage ( where she could park in the Winter if it wasnt there ) and I think sometimes wonders why she married me...............Kid
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

Iceman has the answer to this problem, buy her a slick of her own. Problem solved, but you might not be as lucky as he is so don't park it near trees.
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

I bought my wife a 68 Convertible Mustang in mint condition. The only problem is she gets the garage and I have to work on the truck in the driveway. Last time I put the truck in the garage to work on I got a little bit of dust and such on her car and spent the next full day clay barring and waxing her stang.
But yes you must give her the same passion for a vehicle.
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
ABA

Re: Troubled marriage

Post by ABA »

cookster4495 wrote:Bought another slick,wife thinks I'm pulling her leg :shock:
Tell her another piece of the puzzle,says I should put the puzzles I already have together before bringing home more ''orphans''. :lol:

But,but,but it's REALLY gonna be cool when all the pieces come together I tell her,,,she rolls her eyes.

Yep mine ask me the other day if my project would ever run again...I just smiled and said Oh Yeah.
Then yesterday she was trying to explain to her mother why I was taking the motor out of one truck to put it in another....she said it was a guy thing....correctamundo. :D
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

you are among friends Larry

A couple winters ago, my wife went out to start her Expedition in -30 temps. As she walked past the garage, she heard the furnace kick in the garage and her blood started to boil. When I got home she proceded to scold me about why I was heating a room full of old truck parts and engine while my children enter a cold vehicle. When she asked me what I had to say for myself, I simply asked - Command Start broken?
:oops:
Mark

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Brian Taylor wrote:I bought my wife a 68 Convertible Mustang in mint condition. The only problem is she gets the garage and I have to work on the truck in the driveway. Last time I put the truck in the garage to work on I got a little bit of dust and such on her car and spent the next full day clay barring and waxing her stang.
But yes you must give her the same passion for a vehicle.

You guys all think alike. In the mid 80's my husband brought home a beautiful Cougar convertible. When I questioned him about the car he simply said "honey I bought it for you, its your car." I had owned a 71 and a 72 Cougar convertible back in the day and he said he just wanted to renew my youth. I tried telling him he was digging himself in deeper the longer he talked. What I didn't tell him was that I liked the car too. I had to let him think I was mad for about a week. I knew what was up he saw the car and liked it and bought it, and to get on my good side he claimed it was for me. The one thing he didn't count on was me falling in love with it because it truly did remind me of my old 73 Cougar. So listen up guys, we all know what you are up to. We go along because we love you and we even love the cars you bring home sometimes.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Rose doesn't care if I have and fix up the Uni. She doesn't care for my Fox Chassis verts though - says they aren't comfortable (I find them more comfortable than the "built from jello" Le Baron vert she has). She doesn't like me having more than one project at a time, I can only work on 1 anyway (not enough garage). Wanting another Stang Vert - no $ for one right now though unless I can put it to work for awhile.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

thing is way back when i was looking for a new truck it was my wife who steered me towards buying the slick.try something new instead of another bumpside she said.

look at the monster slickitis created by that
:lol:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
61 Merc
Canada

Post by 61 Merc »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:thing is way back when i was looking for a new truck it was my wife who steered me towards buying the slick.try something new instead of another bumpside she said.

So you are saying it is her fault Brian?

Dean
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

61 Merc wrote:
ICEMAN6166 wrote:thing is way back when i was looking for a new truck it was my wife who steered me towards buying the slick.try something new instead of another bumpside she said.

So you are saying it is her fault Brian?

Dean

Dean,
good excuses are hard to come by so yes i suppose i could say that.:lol:
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

Michelle, yes I like the Mustang too. But I put it in her name and had her put personal plates onit that say "CHICLET". That makes it her to love and mine not to drive, I am only the mechanic and waxer.
The few times I have driven it I see people pull up and look very strangely at me. It's hers.
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
jwh f-100
United States of America

Re: Troubled marriage

Post by jwh f-100 »

cookster4495 wrote:Bought another slick,wife thinks I'm pulling her leg :shock:

Larry, Does this mean your selling me the crew????? :lol:
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

lol@Jason,,,ya sure does,,bring cash !!!!!! I got that yellow one w/plow you posted pics of awhile back. It's over in NJ gave a deposit will probably go bring it home sunday. He originally started at 1500./ I saw it at 1200./got it for 600. oh yaaaa. The aluminum slots will go on the crew as well as the 9' stepside. th_maniacal.gif

side note: I really need to figure out picture posting as I would love to share my ''orphans'' with the rest of ''the family''.
Anybody coming through Bath got a couple of minutes to show me?
Willing to travel also whistle.gif
Macon ACE
United States of America

Post by Macon ACE »

I'm blessed more than I can say. And the lovely Mrs. Ace is blessing numero uno. I have a rule that has served me well in nearly 25 years of marriage: She can have anything she wants as long as we can afford it. It may sound sappy, but making her happy is my "job one."

She, in turn makes me VERY happy. And while I won't say she understands my obsession with vehicles, she is very tolerant because she loves me - and she knows it's something that makes me happy. It's my only hobby after all.

She recently suggested that I buy a new truck and sell the '64. But that's a non-starter for me. And I told her: I may buy a new one, but I'm keeping the Slick!
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
Brian Taylor
United States of America

Post by Brian Taylor »

I called my wife yesterday and said I bought another truck. She called me from work 3 times really mad telling me this will not happen again with buying any good deal I find.
When she got home and found that the truck I bought was a 1966 Ford PU Wix model bank about 7 inches long she settled down. I love her but I must keep the passion, (For classic vehicles)
1966 Ford F-100 LWB 300
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Brian Taylor wrote:When she got home and found that the truck I bought was a 1966 Ford PU Wix model bank about 7 inches long she settled down.

:rotflmao:
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

Macon ACE wrote:I'm blessed more than I can say. And the lovely Mrs. Ace is blessing numero uno. I have a rule that has served me well in nearly 25 years of marriage: She can have anything she wants as long as we can afford it. It may sound sappy, but making her happy is my "job one."

She, in turn makes me VERY happy. And while I won't say she understands my obsession with vehicles, she is very tolerant because she loves me - and she knows it's something that makes me happy. It's my only hobby after all.

She recently suggested that I buy a new truck and sell the '64. But that's a non-starter for me. And I told her: I may buy a new one, but I'm keeping the Slick!

Sounds like you have one of Georgia Peaches, I am lucky enough to have one of them myself. I have had mine for thirty years, she tolerated my old car and truck fetishes over the years. But I must say I did not fully realize how lucky I was until after I was injured. It was only then that I realized how truly blessed I am.
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Tell your wife, "It's slicks or going to the bars and picking up women!"

If you live through her reaction, she probably won't mind the trucks....

:rotflmao:
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

cookster4495 wrote:lol@Jason,,,ya sure does,,bring cash !!!!!! I got that yellow one w/plow you posted pics of awhile back. It's over in NJ gave a deposit will probably go bring it home sunday. He originally started at 1500./ I saw it at 1200./got it for 600. oh yaaaa. The aluminum slots will go on the crew as well as the 9' stepside. th_maniacal.gif

side note: I really need to figure out picture posting as I would love to share my ''orphans'' with the rest of ''the family''.
Anybody coming through Bath got a couple of minutes to show me?
Willing to travel also whistle.gif

A crew with a 9ft bed? That will be cool..

Someday I'm gonna cruise down your way and look at "the collection"..
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.