truck or car?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

is your slick a truck or a car?

1.car
15%
2.truck
85%

Total votes: 52

ICEMAN6166
Poland

truck or car?

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i have decided to ask the big question
is your slick a car or truck?
it is a car if its:
1.on a car frame
2.has a car front end
3.is so low that you cant put the max weight in the bed without touching the ground
4.you are afraid to put anything in the bed or drive it on an inclement weather day or down a dirt road

it is a truck if:
1.its on a truck frame at factory height
2.you actually put things in the bed to haul
3.you are not worried about a little dirt
4.it resembles a truck more than a car

please vote accordingly, no offense meant or taken, just a fun diversion for the winter blahs you may have.
if you have one or more of each you may vote more than once but please post that if you do.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Tough to answer under your guidelines. I feel like it is a truck would even use it to haul things that would not beat up the bed. But it is not at stock ride height.

I vote truck, but you might define it as a car. :)
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

You tell me. split down the middle.

is your slick a car or truck?

2.has a car front end
1.its on a truck frame at factory height
2.you actually put things in the bed to haul
4.you are afraid to drive it on an inclement weather day or down a dirt road

-Has a volare front end
-Moved my buddy's girl friend in his place with it, retains factory overload springs, factory height
-Windshield wipers are sketchy and undependable at BEST even after countless surgeries. Never go far enough not to outrun the rain with it. ..don't like dirt roads, gets the black all dirty.

no vote there for in-between :(
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Horsepower

Post by Horsepower »

Mine isn't finished yet but it'll be a car for sure. Of course I'll drive it year round... well as long as the roads are clear of ice and slush. I mean the oak bed kit was the most expensive thing I have bought so far. Paint will be the next. But I have a F350 for a truck so there is no real reason to use my baby to haul junk.
Model_T_46804

vote

Post by Model_T_46804 »

I guess my 62 is a car. It has a Volare front subframe and it sits low. I could haul with it, but don't. I have a late model diesel pickup to do the hauling so I don't see any sense in using the 62 for anything more than pleasure driving.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Mine are both trucks...but after I finally finish the resto on my '66, I'm not gonna want to drive it down dirts roads, or in inclement weather. :P

My '65, I'll probably put a 4x4 frame under it, then I'll drive it anywhere. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Nadine is 100% F-100 1/2 ton Ford truck.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I guess mine doesn't qualify as a truck, I won't haul anything except a lawn chair and a cooler I have plenty of other trucks for that AKA- my 78' Ranger supercab or my 05' longbed. but it is all stock frame and suspension.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Brion71

Post by Brion71 »

i voted truck, even though mine is nowhere near being complete, but im not going to change the frame or the suspension. The bed is gonna be really nice, so as for hauling things im not sure, but still gonna be a truck
Brion.
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

When I finish it will be all truck I will haul anything and tow anything wherever through the mud and snow nothing will stop it. Iceman what was said on ebay a year ago. Anyway you guys get the point.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Mine will be a 100% Texas truck. I want the new truck smell when it's finished, and then it's go time!

Besides, I need something to haul my parts for my next project anyway and I figure the junkyards will want to see where all their parts went when they see me drive up.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

Absolutely a truck! Would not have it any other way.
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

To me its the body that counts. If its a car body its a car, if its a truck body its a truck, not whats under the body. After all some of the parts are shared on cars and truck anyway. Compare it to a women that has a heart, liver, lung and kidny trans plant and all the organs come from a man. Is she still a woman or a man?

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
61stepside

Post by 61stepside »

I would call it a truck even though it has a Aerostar (Van) front clip. The back leafs were re-arched a couple inches lower. It can still haul a pretty good load but maybe not as much as original. It looks like a truck with a nice stance and rides kind of like a little newer truck but not like a car.
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Not sure how to vote here. My 66 is all truck, body, engine, and suspension. But it is put away in the winter. I never haul anything nasty in the bed.
Now, my son's 63 has a Volare' IFS, leather seats with lumbar, and sits real low. BUT, it was his dailly driver for 3 years while in school, year-round. It hauled a 9" rearend on it's maiden voyage to the Des Moines GoodGuys show. It delivered a complete F150 front suspension to Guy at SlickStock 04. His little ratrod pulled the trailer that was hauling a complete rolling chassis to Wisconsin Dells. The frame was the first Aerostar IFS we had installed and was given away as a door prize there.
So, what category do I vote for?
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Neither. Its a pickup

Its rightful owner is my father who maintains that only vehicles with 6 or more tires dare call themselves a truck. Sometime he says that you need 3 axels to be a "real truck".

Smaller stuff is just a "pickup".

I usally call it a truck though, as truck is easier to type than pickup!!!

Whatever it is, it'll never be a car. Few sheets of plywood every once in a while in the bed to maintain its confidence that it still can be useful!!!
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
61ford

Post by 61ford »

i guess youd call mine a car with a bed going to have a cv ifs sit somewhat low with good size rims but why would i work so hard and spend so much money and then scratch the paint with putting something in the bed or drive it in the rain?Id rather have an old truck or use my daily driver for that
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Best of both worlds!

Fancy paint job aside, I have a TRUCK IFS on it, but high performance low profile tires. Custom built rear suspension with leaf spring, except the leaf is mounted transversely and suspended like a Corvette. I have a truck bench seat in it for the time being but soon to be replaced with buckets and a console. It is low but still has 5+ inches of ground clearance and rides very performance car like.

I have hauled plenty of truck like items. 4 foot diameter, 5 Horsepower roof exhaust fan for my shop. Filled the bed to overflowing with tree branches and yard waste. Carried steel to and from the shop. A complete new bed for a 53 F100 from Southern California to my shop in PHX.

To me it's a truck. It is always identified as a truck with a pretty face.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Its a truck. With me even my cars are trucks sometimes
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

I'm with Jack above, my "cars" are trucks too.

Mamma is the only one 'round here that drives a car. . . . :oops:

But at work she drives her 2500 "Goat Truck" 4X4, so I still let her in the house at nite :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

My Slick is All Truck. :thumright: :steering:
Only car part is basic engine cause I couldn't get the right 460 out of a truck. I had to use a 71 Lincoln to get the engine I wanted. :roll:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant