'64 Mercury.. the Mercury Blues

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

johnzmu

Post by johnzmu »

LOVE it! Couldn't pick you out at the swap meet, but I am sure gonna be able to spot you at street machine weekend with that!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Should have been easy, I was the only person there with a '64 grille.
My dad and I shared the table, i might have stepped away when you came by
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nice work Fergo, I really like what your`ve done. Now forget the winter Gold and get her finished! :lol: ( chat room joke! :lol: )
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Hey JC, I've got an idea for your dome light lense. Not that I haven't given you any ideas before :wink: .
I took a clear parking light lense and shaped it to fit inside the housing w/ the curve of the lense towards the bulb. Made sure to keep the round ridges centered over the bulb.
So, when you look at the dome light, you are looking at the inside of the parking light lense. It looks pretty good. I will have to try to post a pic when I get a chance.
Oh, nice rollpan you got there too. :lol:
Need anymore ideas? How about a glove box lid w/ a lip instead of a knob?
Catcha Later
Wyatt
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

JC, you get a lot of good natured ribbing from all of us, but the trials you have been through in building your truck would have caused any but the truly dedicated to give up. My hat (if I wore one) is off to you.
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It wears on me, but I tell you that clock wears worse.

Wyatt... you mean the big back window on a '64 idea? the roll pan from the top of the box idea? I'd sure like to see a pic of that lens.. I cant figure how it sits in there without touching the light bulb. Just one more of your good ideas I might "Borrow"

LOL thanks for the memories
( and the ideas ) (and the Italian sausage :fart: )

hey.. I seen Garbz on FTE the other day trying to goad Numberdummy by saying his ash tray/glovebox door was stock... LOL still stirring the old pot.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

so, you flyin' in to altoona this year john?
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Okla66F100

Post by Okla66F100 »

You’re the man... I would have broke that new body guy in half and sent him crawling back to his acreage..... Truck looks great by the way.
Scott

1966 F-100 Custom Cab LWB
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

JC, Your truck sure does look good. I hope to see it in real life someday. The gas filler lid looks like it was there from new. Your body guys did a fine job. Your choice of colors are real nice. You might want to see if Ford is looking for a designer.
Oh and you have to let Garbz know, His original box lid isn't the only one floating around out there. They were a rare option in the slick series trucks.
Keep up the good work and I'll get with you on that light as soon as I can. I'm working on a top secret this weekend. I'll post it when it's final.
We demand more pics of that truck. :thumright:
Wyatt
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Didn't there used to be a member who was modifying the glove box doors for awhile?
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
BackyardRest

Post by BackyardRest »

Lookin' Great JC!

I had no idea what all you have had to go thru on the truck build. The painter who damaged it should have given all your money back then paid to repair dmg done. Absolute horror story!. And to think the frustrations of doing my own were bad... pales in comparison to yours.

Looking forward to seeing the Bad Merc done! r

by the way his auto insurance should have taken care of dmg done while in his care. Did you even file a claim?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

No, Randy I couldn't get him to file a claim. My insurance co. came up with some dough.. think it pretty much covered the price of the BBW roof and shipping from Alabama and not much else.

He held all the cards while he had my major body parts. I could have sued him in small claims court for damages, but I had to do all the legwork myself. That means I had to deliver a subpoena to his acreage, where his dad had already threatened to run us off with a shotgun.

My wife figured it probably wasn't worth a 12 gauge hole in my spleen to sue the guy, so I had to just let it go. But, if any one here is familiar with My OCD as far as Roddoors goes, they can rest assured that I have spread the word about this arse around here. :wink:

Ha that reminded me, I left the "Roddoors" and the "wrong-size bolt pattern redrill" on the '79 rear end axles stories out, but hey from the rest of this you can get the gist of how smooth and cheap that stuff went. Next up.. air conditioning.
*Sigh.*
kstones63
United States of America

Post by kstones63 »

JC,
Your truck is looking great now. I'm not sure that I could have been that patient going thru that many problems. The pics look like it was worth all the effort now.
Looking forward to hearing more and seeing more pics.

Kevin
kstones63
95 F350 Flatbed Dually Diesel
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

JC, I believe the phenomenon you're experiencing is referred to as "the perversity of inanimate objects". Albeit with a fair bit of human intervention. It's baffling to think that the body guy would just show up with the damaged cab and expect further payment to fix his mistake. Sheesh...

Good luck from here on out! Eventually this project will bend to your will! :thumright:
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

The Big M wrote:It's baffling to think that the body guy would just show up with the damaged cab and expect further payment to fix his mistake. Sheesh...

seriously, freakin jackass.... the gall of some people.... wow.

but wow, she looks good. The BBW is freakin cool
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage