Junk Yard Score

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

gearhead21

Junk Yard Score

Post by gearhead21 »

I went to the junk yard today to get an ignition switch connector/pigtail to try to reconstruct my missing ignition switch and wiring. I also found a good throttle cable for my truck. The best part is thet I also found the complete Custom Cab interior door "C"trim. the insert shattered on both sides getting the trim off, and a couple of the clips broke, but the trim is perfect. The best of all was that all of this was $15 :D .

I still have to order a switch and cylinder, but I was looking at what wires I have, and the wiring manual I got and not much of the color coding from the manual matched what is on my connector. I guess I will have to track what goes where and splice as I can.

Off to order the switch and parts.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

those plastic pieces get real brittle,not surprising you broke it.
the ignition is pretty simple, only a few wires to deal with. i probably have the harness out in the bus if you would rather replace it than splice.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
gearhead21

Post by gearhead21 »

Iceman, thanks for the offer, I'm going to try to fix it in the next couple days. If I run into problems I'll get back to you.
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

If you need some of the plastic pieces or door panels that fit in the trim check out the how to section at http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94
. I posted how to make your own pattern that is a match to the originals. I made my own for about 10 bucks of supplies.