Ham Radio

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Lowell
United States of America

Ham Radio

Post by Lowell »

I asked this Question a while back,but since a lot of new members are here I was wondering if anyone else holds an Amateur Radio License? Roger , LA2DY in Norway is a ham but havnt seen him post in a while .
Lowell
WB9RCW
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

Well i guess I make three so far. My call is KE7NLT. :D
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Hey!
Glad to hear from another Ham. I see by the ARRL site you are a technician.Can you operate on the Ten Meter Band? I have been hearing stations in your area lately since conditions have improved.
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

Lowell wrote:Hey!
Glad to hear from another Ham. I see by the ARRL site you are a technician.Can you operate on the Ten Meter Band? I have been hearing stations in your area lately since conditions have improved.
Yes, I can operate on the 10 meter band. 28.300 to 28.500 ssb phone i believe. I either need to re-tune my Maco V5/8's groundplane for 10 meters or get a tuner since I still use my CB to talk to some friends around the area. Have a great day! :D
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

my gpa used to run a ham..... with a moon rake antenna on a 65 foot pole..... blasting about 50x the legal power....

he could shoot skip halfway across the country..... I think he talked to somebody in oklahoma, from az.... maybe even farther....

it's all still out in the garage...... it would be fun to play with but we would likely go to jail for the power it puts out....
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Blackagatha, He must have been on CB if he has a Moonraker antenna. Hams can run up to a kilowatt output power legally.
Dan, you can get a MFJ antenna tuner pretty cheap if you want to keep your antenna working for both bands or retuning your Ground plane would work great also. I was trying to see if there enough hams to maybe set a schedule and talk trucks ,or whatever. If you can get set up let me know and well give it a try.
Lowell