1993 seat in a 1966

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jimbob1021

1993 seat in a 1966

Post by jimbob1021 »

[albumimg]802[/albumimg] what do you think of my 20$ junk yard seat i used the slide's from the 66 seat and it bolted right in :P
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Looks good!

What does the back look like? Does it have the headrests or is it straight across?
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

it's the one with headrest on the top of the seat and both are ajdustable and they do not hit the back window. it fit's so good in the truck it is like it was met to be in their and it rides a hole lot better then the original seat
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Right on. My brother put buckets in his '96 and still has the old bench. I wouldn't describe it as comfortable though... :?
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

It looks just like the 94 seat I put im mine this fall. After removing it from the junkyard, I pressure-washed it to remove the dirt and stains. Looks like new again. You do have to let it set in the for a couple days to dry out. Have done this a couple times and it works good if the seat is dry. Found out that little tidbit with the 86 seat that was in my truck before. People at cruise nights will look at you funny when the seat of your pants are wet. Guess I could have explained that they look like that everytime I crack open that 390 under the hood.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

i have a hoover steam vac and it works great pulls all of the water out of the seat and dry's in about an hour after cleaning.
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Old thread, but if all goes well I'm going to need a seat very soon. Will a '96 seat fit in a '62 in similar fashion? I've still got the gas tank in its factory location, and the seat is the type with the fixed headrests. This could save me some upholstery work...