new ride

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jimbob1021

new ride

Post by jimbob1021 »

[albumimg]8248[/albumimg] here is my new ride for now fun to drive :oops: pushing over 450 hp me and my soon to be wife and she is a ford girl put it togeter over the winter so far its been a plast we are taking it to the james dean show this fall it will be coming down on a trailer 6 miles to the galon hurts you know what it runs in the low 12s with 373 gears and a 400 transmission
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

...... and your point would be???
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

:oops: fast truck for 5000 pounds
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Congrats on a super nice truck! I have owned 40 or 50 67-72 Chevrolet pickups and the 68 has always been my favorite. Still one of the best looking old trucks out there-I just got bored with them after 25 years. I also owned several Slicks during those years and always enjoyed the fact that the Slicks were a lot less common.. Thanks, Lyman.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

they are alot like these trucks. in the latter years of the run, they got lots more options, but i think the 67/68 were the best looking. 67 particularly because of the lack of side markers.
i never did understand the trail arm suspension though. even the gmc brothers of the day used a rear leaf spring set up.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

At the hot rod weekend here in town , a beautifully done version of that truck, in the same color but WITH a blower, was SECOND in the 100 foot drags, over all. He pulled the front wheels 2 foot off the ground and it hooked up like a fat girl holding a a Dove bar. It was quite surprising to see a long box truck that high up in the standings.

Having said that, those trucks sold a lot of I beam trucks for Ford, with their coil springs and ball joints and wood box floors, and heated tailgates, they were everything that Fords weren't.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

My friend at the Continental Club had a nicely restored '64 Chevy short bed and always thought it was pretty nice, cept I would never want one. Kind of like the typical 55, 56, 57 Chevy cars at every car show. Nice cars to look at but absolutely no interest in them other than a glance. :wink: (one-eyed glance)
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
BackyardRest

Re: new ride

Post by BackyardRest »

jimbob1021 wrote:[albumimg]8248[/albumimg] here is my new ride for now fun to drive :oops: pushing over 450 hp me and my soon to be wife and she is a ford girl put it togeter over the winter so far its been a plast we are taking it to the james dean show this fall it will be coming down on a trailer 6 miles to the galon hurts you know what it runs in the low 12s with 373 gears and a 400 transmission
how do you know it has 450hp?
Gary Seymour
United States of America

Post by Gary Seymour »

I am thinking of this era Chebbie for a next project. I like the looks and I want to see how much different the $$$ investment might be compared to my '62.

There's one on Evansville Craigslist right now - short bed, fleetside, 6-cyl, three speed on the floor. I can see keeping the sixer and swapping a 5spd..........

Just not ready YET! The body is still off the frame on my '62 uni!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Those are definitely belly button trucks, I just saw the fifth one I have seen today drive by my office window and it's 11:30 in the morning
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i too have had several of that style chevy, long ago. my favorite was a 67 short stepside that i ended up trading for a 68 f250 camper special.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

Johnny Canuck wrote:At the hot rod weekend here in town , a beautifully done version of that truck, in the same color but WITH a blower, was SECOND in the 100 foot drags, over all. He pulled the front wheels 2 foot off the ground and it hooked up like a fat girl holding a a Dove bar. It was quite surprising to see a long box truck that high up in the standings.

Having said that, those trucks sold a lot of I beam trucks for Ford, with their coil springs and ball joints and wood box floors, and heated tailgates, they were everything that Fords weren't.
my girl friend the loved the fat girl holding the dove bar thing lol too funny
winr

Post by winr »

Hey jimbob1021.

Are you driving it to Slick Stock...... ;-) (In case someone missed it, that is a wink )

Ricky
All your Slicks are belong to us
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

:idea: will thay let it in ??????????? as long as i dont open the hood :wink:
mercman64
United States of America

Post by mercman64 »

Hey J.C., did they really have heated tailgates? I have seen exhaust heat the bed of large dump trucks, but never pickups....were they exhaust heated? Why would you want to heat tailgates? Inquireing minds want to know.........Dave
1964 Mercury Monterey Convertible
1962 F100 unibody LWB BBW "Show Truck"
1966 F100 short box "daily driver"
1963 F100 unibody "project truck"
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
ABA

Post by ABA »

mercman64 wrote:Hey J.C., did they really have heated tailgates? I have seen exhaust heat the bed of large dump trucks, but never pickups....were they exhaust heated? Why would you want to heat tailgates? Inquireing minds want to know.........Dave
Well you don't want your girls butt to get cold while your sitting on the tailgate waiting on somebody to push ya home. :lol:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

ABA wrote:
mercman64 wrote:Hey J.C., did they really have heated tailgates? I have seen exhaust heat the bed of large dump trucks, but never pickups....were they exhaust heated? Why would you want to heat tailgates? Inquireing minds want to know.........Dave
Well you don't want your girls butt to get cold while your sitting on the tailgate waiting on somebody to push ya home. :lol:
Good One!
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
jimbob1021

Post by jimbob1021 »

never had to push mine . just wont pass a gas station i have to use the good stuff :oops:
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

jimbob1021 wrote::idea: will thay let it in ??????????? as long as i dont open the hood :wink:
might have to add the corners back to the bow tie to make it a oval! lol :shock:
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

I think it's a hell of a nice truck. I hope everyone here will at least appreciate the work and effort even if they are die-hard Ford. I like the Chevy better than the Ford, but Grandad had the Ford. Well done!
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo