from the Article about SlickStock in CCT

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

from the Article about SlickStock in CCT

Post by Kid »

The following is from HoofbeatRacer about SlickStock-4 , I hope he doesnt mind me posting it for the ones who did not see the magazine article.

As I loaded my suitcase aboard the Greyhound bus, I knew that I was starting a journey like no other I had ever experienced. My bags were packed not with clothes, but with carefully wrapped truck parts and a photo album of my own little garage queen that was unable to make the trip of what was to be one of the best times I had ever had.

Five years prior, I had pulled an abanoned 66 Ranger out of the bushes and dragged it home with the thoughts bringing it back to its previous glory. With no previous knowledge of these workhorses of the past and minimal computer savvy, I stumbled upon this website called Slick 60s and it changed my life forever. The reception I received kept me coming back for more, night after night. It was more than a place to talk trucks, it had become a place where I could share laughs and stories with the best group of guys that I never met. The late nights that I spent in the garage were matched by the countless late nights spent on the forum and Sunday nite chat sessions building friendships with the members here. Perhaps my truck would have been built in two years instead of four, but the laughs and comraderie I had at Slick 60s kept me coming back for more.

I was fortunate enough to attend Slickstock III in Kansas City, MO last summer. It was an 1800 mile journey that spanned a 5 hour bus ride and 2 flights that got me there. Feeling the late August heat through the terminal gate in KC announced that I had finally arrived and shortly thereafter I was greeted by a dozen or so members that I knew quite well however had no idea what anyone looked like. A round of warm handshakes and an open cooler soon started what was about to be the best 4 days I ever had. It wasn't the venue or the sight seeing that made the trip, but the leaning over old trucks in a hotel parking lot sharing stories till the early hours of the morning is what made this group so great. It was not like a car show, there was no judging and everything was special in their on way. The trucks ranged from daily drivers to working farm trucks to national level show rigs. Every ride there was as unique and diverse as the members that showed up. Not all had trucks, members from Canada, the United States, and Australia were all there everyone felt right at home. That was because we all knew each other. From online banters to countless tips and tricks, we had all shared conversations in the past. All I can say is that I cannot wait until Iowa nexy summer.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I have been working on next Years event and just got through with a meeting with foodstick . You guys won't believe what we are working on, I am simply amazed myself.
jammck66

Post by jammck66 »

dont hold out on us kid! do tell!.
1966 F-100. Family heirloom. (the bale hauler)
2007 can-am outlander 800XT
2007 2500 dodge c/c s/b hemi. (JUNK!!!!)
2003 F-350 8" BDS lift. 6.0L-- BIG & FAST!-- looking for an automatic trans.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

can't tell. you have to show up to see,LOL
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

Excellent Kid...I agree, you have to show up to see. CAN"T WAIT!!!!
Doug
Riverside, CA
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

just wanted to bring this back to the top. If you wonder what SS is and if it is worth the trip just ask a few who have made the trip
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

[albumimg]8330[/albumimg]

the above article and this pic says it. Can anyone name the guys in this picture and tell what time it is
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i am really trying not to think about it. every time i do, i start to get all freaked out. IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER FOLKS! i absolutely cannot wait for thursday the 26th to get here. THIS IS WORSE THAN WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!! ok, i'm freaking out again. back outside to work on my slick.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I`ve kept my excitement down with work issues, but I only have 5 more days of work to tidy up some loose ends and look out baby here we come!, Lyn`s more excited than me at this time :lol:

Darrell, I spy with my little eye!, Brian and Mark, Fergo would be there somewhere!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

alan, i'm pretty sure that from left to right that is me, garbz, gary, jc, and brian (there is someone else just below ice, but i can't remember who). mark was probably inside doing his elvis act. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

ezernut9mm wrote:alan, i'm pretty sure that from left to right that is me, garbz, gary, jc, and brian (there is someone else just below ice, but i can't remember who). mark was probably inside doing his elvis act. lol

chris, I stand corrected!, sorry Gary!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Mark

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Chris is right

CW starting at the top left - Ezer, Garbz, Gary, JC, Ice and mystery person. Could be me not sure
Mark

Truckrat
United States of America

LNEBT

Post by Truckrat »

Ok Gents, limber up those elbows, it is almost time for another session of the SS "Late Night Elbow Bending Team". Liniment will be provided in case of muscle strain. TR
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:laughing: :laughing: That`s why God gave us 2 arm`s! :cheers:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Kid wrote:[albumimg]8330[/albumimg]
the above article and this pic says it. Can anyone name the guys in this picture and tell what time it is

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:Chris is right

CW starting at the top left - Ezer, Garbz, Gary, JC, Ice and mystery person. Could be me not sure

That is definitely the Early Morning BS'ing team hard at work. I think the special guest that night was Hoofbeatracer, who fell asleep in his chair. He was replaced the next night by Greg D.

I am guessing that would be around 3 AM as we are all still pretty vertical.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I took that pic and looked at the hi-res original. Can't make it out on there either. Shot from my hotel room before I hit the sack. I looked out the window and just shook my head at that sordid sight. So I grabbed the camera and thought I'd capture that moment in time for the Slick Historical Archives.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416