Weight station

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

aarons428
Germany

Weight station

Post by aarons428 »

I will be trailering my slick to slickstock and am wondering about the weight stations on I-680 and I-80 on the west side of Iowa. Do i need to stop and what will they look for if i stop. This is my first time pulling a trailer on the interstate. Or how can i avoid them.
2010 Ford Edge
99 Ford Expedition
65 Ford f-100 swb
460 stock other than a double roller timing chain and a s475 TURBO pushing 6psi of boost (now 12lbs)
351 W Pulled and on garage floor in storage
428 4v (R.I.P)
c-6 wide ratio modified
torino front stub
home made ladder bar rear with air bags
11.96 sec @ 110mph 1\4mile (best with the 428)
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

no. you are not commercial and probably won't look the part either. roll on aaron, roll on! lol they won't even look twice.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

:iagree: with with Ezer... I drove down to Sevierville Tenn. with a trailer and trailered my Econo back with no problems.... I say truck on by them and they won't even take a second look at you either....
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Chris is right, blow the weight stations, especially if you are towing with a pick up. I on the other hand sometimes go in and other times I blow them. It just depends on the state and how I am feeling. This time up I will probably go around most of them. It is harder when you are driving a truck that was once a commercial vehicle, there is a stigma attached that says to the scale master that you are commercial even though I have antique plates. It is hard for some of them to get over the fact that you are no longer commercial. I have personally been blessed and never called in. I have friends that drive similar trucks to mine that has got tickets for infractions that are usually reserved for commercial vehicles even though they have antique plates. So if it is not to hard to go around the scales I do, if there is not good way to go around them I will either blow them or go into them.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

the only time i would stop in a pickup would be if it had a company name on the side or a dot number. other than that, you are private and they aren't concerned with you.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
62galxe

Post by 62galxe »

I couldnt stop. My 18' trailer is only liscensed for 3500# gross. Its cheaper that way.
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed