1966 F-250 4x4 Hiboy -Trade for F-100

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Oldman

1966 F-250 4x4 Hiboy -Trade for F-100

Post by Oldman »

Every time I drive this truck someone will approach me and tell me of a truck they or someone they knew had when they see my truck. It is solid and runs well. This truck was cleaned up and repainted about 4 years ago and used regularly. In its former life this truck was owned by the county and was used to spray road ditches. In the last 40 years this pickup has only accumulated 42330.6 miles. It now has 43412.7 miles. I bought the truck in July 2006 in North Central Nebraska, used it this past summer (2206) for a short time and is in storage for the winter. I did some work on it this past summer by putting New Door weatherstrip on both doors, an Illuminite AM/FM CD deck with two pioneer 3 way speakers and two 5” pioneer speakers in a box, Hurkuliner roll on bed liner (Done this August 2006 Dash cover Bench seat stripped new foam and new seat cover. I installed a stock antenna and new stock side mirrors and did a complete tune-up. I also replaced the valve cover gasket. The truck had a rhino bed liner that was peeling so I stripped, etched the metal and reapplied a hurkaliner. I also made so wood siderails. This was a fairly plain truck designed to be a workhorse with few factory creature comforts. Factory set up Dana 60 differentials with 4:56 gears. 300 inline six cylinder 4 Speed 4 Wheel Drive Long box step side Factory Hi boy package (this is not an after market lift kit) Step rails Additions & Creature Comforts: Receiver hitch Country Squire Radial R/T tiers size LT 315 / 75 / R 16 Pacer 12 X 16 rims Maintenance has always been regular, with recent replacement of front brake pads and cylinders. There is a small dent in the tailgate from the ball on the receiver hitch; also the edge of the right rear fender has a dent. There is a small spot of rust starting on the left cab corner. Also there is a small spot on box where the paint has flaked away to bear metal.

I love this truck but would like a F-100 instead. It is not very practical for me, especially with the gear ratio as it is. Would be interested in trading for a F-100 in similar shape or $5,000.00 or best offer (so I can buy another truck but an f-100). If interested I have more pics and more information on the truck. I am in Central Iowa and can be reached by my email hchase2@msn.com

[/img]
Last edited by Oldman on April 4, 2007, 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oldman
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

sounds like a cool old truck!
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

I just looked at your pics...NICE TRUCK! If i didn't already have my '62 "highboy" I'd grab it!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

Where are the pics????? :D
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

I'll trade my '71 F100 for it!!! Bad a$$ truck!

John
Image Image Image
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Whoooo doggy, thats sharp. Get some old school snow tires on that beast.

Adrianspeeder
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

adrianspeeder wrote:Whoooo doggy, thats sharp. Get some old school snow tires on that beast.

Adrianspeeder

You mean kinda like this???

[albumimg]1682[/albumimg]

I love those skinny old tires!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)