lowering by removing leafs in the springs HOW?

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ns3racing

lowering by removing leafs in the springs HOW?

Post by ns3racing »

Have a 60 F100 short bed. Would like to lower a little. If I remove leafs (have 7 per corner) Do I remove the shortest ones only? How does it affect the bumpsteer on the front? Will the truck feel like it is rolling over while cornering? My oil pan in the front sits just a few inches above the axle. Engine is a 292. Thanks for any help.
All Fords
1984 SVO Turbo 4
1969 CS Ranger F250 390
1967 Mustang Coupe (Custom)
1958 F100 SB 292
1960 F100 SB 292
1997 Winston Cup T-Bird Speedway car
SLICKER

Post by SLICKER »

leave the support spring that under the top leaf (The one with the eyelets) as you will bend the eyelet spring with out it, then you can remove every other spring working your way down, the issue I had was to many leafs and it rode like a rock and not enough and it leans in the turns to much, also the more springs you take out the more axle wrap you will have and you will need to install traction bars, the nice part is if you take to many out you can just put one back in. I also used a come along to help with getting the rear end to align with the pin on the leaf springs. don't loose the anti squeek pucks that are in the dimples between the springs as they are hard to find replacements. This would also be a good time to replace the eyelet bushings since you will have the springs out and the old ones have been in use for 50 years. Hope this helps. Sonny.