steering column

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

carolb4

steering column

Post by carolb4 »

I have looked and looked for a diagram of the steering column that includes the turn signal lever and wiring. We are needing to replace the turn signal mechanism in the steering column of a 66 F100. Suggestions?
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Here is a link I found in my favorites mabye it will be helpfull
http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765w ... dindex.htm
winr

Post by winr »

Hi Carol.

Do you want the diagrahm of the column plus the wiring diagrahm ??
Shoot me an email.

I will send you one.

Do you have Adobe reader on your PC??

Richard.

winr@REMOVEsbcglobal.net
All your Slicks are belong to us
douglloyd

Post by douglloyd »

Likewise - I have the '66 shop manuals and would be glad to send you a copy of these pages.

If it's the switch giving you fits, LMC sells the turn signal cam repair kits. Kinda spendy but they work. The cancelling ears on the 40 year old originals get brittle and break off, and the action gets sloppy.

Your truck used one of two types for '66, so check before you purchase. If yours has wires attached to the cam, it's #45-0731. If yours is just the plastic cam get #45-0730.

To pull the horn ring, disconnect the battery lead, then push the horn button down and turn - counter clockwise I think - to release it. Then remove the large nut and pull the wheel off the shaft. You'll see the cam underneath. Not a lot of room to wiggle around, but be careful and it will all fit.

Good luck,
Doug