Not quite a driver yet

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dotcentral

Not quite a driver yet

Post by dotcentral »

Went over to my friends place today with the hope of finishing up my disc brake swap and installing a new ignition switch. Got close, but not quite there with both jobs.

The NAPA ignition switch has a different type of threaded rod on the back, and came without a nut. And the old switch has a finer thread on the rod on it, so I need to hit the coffee can and find something that will work.

After a little trouble, finally got the brake swap wrapped up, except for bleeding them and checking for leaks.

Now if I could just find a decent hood in my area.....
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

Wow, you found an ignition switch at NAPA?? Every time I go in there for any parts for my '62, they look at me like I'm from Mars!!
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)