It's the little things...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Max
United States of America

It's the little things...

Post by Max »

In the process of restoring my 1964 F100, I am done cleaning, treating and painting the frame and have re-installed the front springs, axle, steering assy. and disc brake intall with new bushings, etc. along with the rear end having re-arched springs, new bushings and am currently working on the gas tank install.

It occured to me that on every ratchet I grabbed out of the toolbox, I had to switch the direction over from 'loosen' mode to 'tighten' mode. I think my tools are enjoying the change since it's been 3+ years of nothing but disassembling, loosening and tearing everything apart and little to no putting anything together.

Just a little thought that made me chuckle and feel like I really am making progress. Gettin' just a little bit closer to KC every weekend.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

Great feeling ain't it!
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Max.
It is the little things that bring a smile to your face.
I know personally what you've accomplished in the last couple of years.... not to mention the occasional ribbing you've had to endure.
But the group has never doubted that you'd get to the point where things were going back together.
You've done the grunt work and you've done it right.
Now you're at the fun part where you get to put things back together and see if all your ideas will work and if you can remember where that left handed hickeydoo really goes. Don't worry, I have spares. :wink:
Don't forget to call your friends when you need help. We need a fix from time to time too.
See you Friday morning "early".
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

:P Yay Max,
I've been rubbing on the faded paint on my 57 all evening, and still not done. It is looking a lot better though. Had to bump my timing about 6 degree. What I am leading up to, is everytime you do something else on your truck that gets you one step closer to the day you turn that key, put it in gear, and drive away in it, like someone said, you'll be grinning.
I have tweaked on that truck of mine for the last 3 days and it gets a little better each day. I am smilin! Too bad we don't live in the same place, cuz we could take all the trucks over to Skips warehouse and get seriously into building .
Now what was that thing Skip said he had a bunch of?
See ya Friday,
TR
winr

Post by winr »

Hi Max.

If you need a hand with something give me a hollar.

I am a hop, skip and a jump away from you.

Hey Skip....

Richard.
All your Slicks are belong to us