Driving to KC

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Truckrat
United States of America

Driving to KC

Post by Truckrat »

8) I mapped out 2 routes from OKC to KC, and one was 20 miles farther than the other. I can go I-35 north throught Wichita and Emporia and on up to KC and it's 358 miles.
If I go up I-44 to Joplin and then north on 71 to KC, it's 378 miles. There is a toll on I-35, but only between Wichita and Emporia, Kansas, and that's all. From Emporia to KC it's free. The toll road goes from Emporia to Topeka, and then to KC, but that's way out of the way for me.
Now, the question is, are all you guys from down south in houston and surrounding areas planning on the route through Joplin and up 71 to KC?
If you are, then I will meet you in Joplin if you will tell me what day you plan on going up. I think I will probably take that whole week off so I can get a lot of the last minute details taken care of without having to be in a big ole rush like I usually am when I make road trips. We still have over a year, but that will get away much faster than you can believe. All I know is I will probably have the ugliest truck there, but I don't care, It'll be my first Slick Stock, and I am jazzed.
TR
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Your's won't be the ugliest, Gary. Mine will probably be a combination of 3 trucks, mis-matched paint and all...lol.

I could meet up with you In OKC, or Tulsa, doesn't make a bunch of difference at this point. Been poking around with Mapquest, lots of ways I could go.

Shortest distance is 567 mi., shortest time is 630 mi., dodge tolls is 642 mi.

With the price of gas, going this way "SHORT ROUTE" might be best for me.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

8) Hey Mike,
From where you are I-35 would no doubt be the easy route for you from what I can see. Who knows what rediculous price gas will be by then.
From here to KC there is a toll between Wichita and Emporia, Kansas.
that's all, As for our trucks, maybe we should have an "ugly truck award"
at SS 08. I am sure mine will qualify. I have some pics of pieces of it and I need to start an album on the main sight, but don't know how. As I do the build, I will take more, and then put them in there when I learn how.
Have a happy Easter, I hope it is warmer where you are, today it is 43 Degrees. Happy Trails,
TR
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Been snowing all day, so you're probably warmer!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I will join you guys in Wichita. I am on the west side other wise I would invite you to come see the truck.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

FYI the Toll Road doesn't cost that much, I drove it end to end when I brought the 85 GT home - 8 bucks.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.