Share some Hobbies

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

supersmitty
United States of America

Post by supersmitty »

When I am not working on vehicles I play music. I play drums in a metal band for the past 5 years and I also play guitar. In spring I like to work in the yard and of corse go fishing! Only other thing is I occasionly dabble in carpentry.

Me at one of our last shows

And the motley crue

65' F100
R.I.P Steve
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

So Smitty, can I find any of your music online? I love music and I find it awesome to get music from groups out of the mainstream especially from someone I can relate with. It's awesome to get music on your Itunes and be jambing out and have your best friend say wow, who the heck is that.

The groups I've been listening to this last week, AA Bondy's first two albums, "American Hearts" and "When the Devils Loose" and thanks to the tip from here, Steeldrivers "Steeldrivers" and "Reckless". I love all types of music, just depends on the mood, blues, hard rock, classic rock, country, bluegrass, it's all good when the moods right.
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
65Lover
United States of America

Post by 65Lover »

We used to saltwater fish almost every weekend and if we caught something little it went home with us in the bait bucket and was put into the "wild" saltwater fish tank. They are FREE and the kids thought it was fun to feed them shrimp! Shrimp eels, piggy perch, baby jackfish, baby drum (ssshhh dont tell), baby stingray, oyster fish, toadfish, croakers, sea robins, etc.

ImageImage
Ruth
'65 F-100 Custom Cab SB Styleside
'67 Ford Mustang FB
'68 Mercury Cougar

Slickstock Altoona Iowa
Slickstock Salina Kansas
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Nice collection of Ford/Mercury vehicles there! Love the old Stangs and Cougs.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
azjake
United States of America

Post by azjake »

Over the last 33 years I have been building, designing and flying radio control airplanes. Here are a few of my favorites.

This is the Super Whoot designed and built by me over 13 years ago. Still flies great from land or sea!

1/3 Scale Great Planes Pitts Special with an OS 300 Super Gemini Twin Cylinder 4 stroke Engine, Slimline Pitts muffler, 9 Futaba Digital servos, onboard glow driver and two LiFe receiver packs. This plane flies scale-like and the sound is awsome!

Great Planes 160 size Ultimate Biplane arf converted to electric power. PJS 3D 10000 brushless outrunner, two 7300 mAh 5s2p lipo packs wired in series, 24x12 electric carbon fiber prop and it weighed 16 lbs. I could get two 10 minute flights on one charge.

Hangar 9 Clipped Wing Taylorcraft 83" wingspan, weighs 14 lbs and converted to electric power. Same power system was used as in the Ultimate Bipe.

Jake
I think I'll go to the "Spousal Avoidance Center" (workshop) for a while...
f100matt

Post by f100matt »

Those are pretty cool!!
-1966 Ford F100, 352, 4 speed, smoke grey, mustang buckets
-2003 Ford Ranger XL, 3.0, 5 speed
-1989 Ford F250, 460, highboy, 4x4
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Those are way cool...the fish I mean! Just kidding, the planes are awesome especially the Pitt, the fish not so much the long thing is weird, I'm not sure I'd get in the water with those, all we have are trout.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Cool Ruth!
I used to keep marine fish myself. It's a little tough to collect your own in Nebraska without a well stocked pet store though, lol.
I used to keep slightly "different" stuff;
Leopard Sharks
Bamboo Sharks
Miniatus Grouper

1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
abrasilian

Post by abrasilian »

Nice photos hooked trout, I do have adobe, it's really complicated to use though. I used to have a nitro powered car that always broke, that's why I never got a heli. lol
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

abrasilian wrote:Nice photos hooked trout, I do have adobe, it's really complicated to use though. I used to have a nitro powered car that always broke, that's why I never got a heli. lol
Thanks, not that I'm great at Adobe but if you ever have any questions I might be able to help, let me know.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
abrasilian

Post by abrasilian »

I need a camera first, but I did mess with it a lil bit before, and what I was doing was youtubing tutorial vids on it. I really want to get the intuous4 so i can do some computer graphics. has anyone heard of it? I want the wireless one, it's $400!
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

abrasilian wrote:I need a camera first, but I did mess with it a lil bit before, and what I was doing was youtubing tutorial vids on it. I really want to get the intuous4 so i can do some computer graphics. has anyone heard of it? I want the wireless one, it's $400!
Is it a tablet? I have a tablet from years ago that I paid a bunch of money for, as I upgraded PC's I never did keep up with the software downloads so there it sits. It's a big tablet probably 16x18 or more and has the pen and a lift up clear pad so you can lay things on and then cover them and trace them and into the PC they go. Been so long since I've used it forgot all about it. Probably not near as nice as the current models and for what little playing on it I did it wasn't justified but I do that sometime.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

Fishing is my second hobby. Tracker boat

--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

slickmainer wrote:Fishing is my second hobby. Tracker boat

I'd say mine too but I can't decide which of my 100 hobbies is first, second, third or where they all fit. Which ever one I'm knee deep in must be first and all the rest are second...at least for the moment.

"R.O. Drift Boat" Row Row Row your boat. Appologies in advance if that gets stuck in your head all day.

Nice Rainbow I caught on the Henry's Fork, dry fly fishing, P.S. notice the big mayfly in the lower right hand corner of the picture, it was a good day for fly fishing, lots of bugs hatching out.

[albumimg]8977[/albumimg]
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

i sold off my llbean fly set up, it was nice but just didn't do enough fly fishing to keep it anymore.
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

slickmainer wrote:i sold off my llbean fly set up, it was nice but just didn't do enough fly fishing to keep it anymore.
I can relate on a lot of other things, at least I need to sell them because I don't have time to use them. Fly fishing however I'm lucky, I have 8 acres right on the river so I can walk out the back door and cast flies till dark every night.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
jacobd

Post by jacobd »

I have, I'll guess maybe a 25 gallon plastic bin filled with ho model railroad stuff, which never came to fruition.

I have a bunch of power tools that don't fit my hands.

I have an incomplete; I'd guess you'd call it, Steam Punk, manuscript of 70 or so pages.

I used to really enjoy backpacking and caving and thought I'd be a geomorphologist, until that got boring and I got lazy.

Then there was the canoe phase and the Colorado River.

I collect broken Ford trucks, which I don't have any clue how to repair.

Between age 16 and 20 I had a prolific tattoo collection, which covered my arms completely. BTW hurts more and costs more to take off than put on.

I have a collection of dog shit in the front yard.

I have two rifles: A 1960 Winchester 30-30 and an early '80s Ruger .22. I don't really know how to use either of them.

My uncle had one of those British Enfield’s someone mentioned above, but I don't think it had any rifling in the barrel; hurted really bad on my shoulder too.

I think I want to collect a Henry .357 magnum lever action and a Smith and Wesson .357, but I’m too ignant to know if the ammo is the same. And one of my great uncles had a Winchester Model 12. Maybe I want to collect that too. And I could collect a really nice shotgun for hunting ducks and doves. Don’t know where to start there though. Maybe I should learn how to hunt and fish first. A Boston Whaler would be good for that.

I guess my hobby is starting things, getting obsessively involved in them, then losing interest.

Although, there is one thing I have always done and continue to do with the bulk of my time and that is read. Reading would not only being my job, but my hobby. Funny thing, I feel so unread.

I used to love the History Channel, but the trend to Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and Logger stuff has eschewed my interest.

Lately I've been a bit obsessed with the Knights Templar.

So I am mostly just a knucklehead. Who can't stick with it!

Ignant Jak
f100matt

Post by f100matt »

ME TOO!!!!! :lol:
think I want to collect a Henry .357 magnum lever action and a Smith and Wesson .357, but I’m too ignant to know if the ammo is the same.
They should use the same ammo..
-1966 Ford F100, 352, 4 speed, smoke grey, mustang buckets
-2003 Ford Ranger XL, 3.0, 5 speed
-1989 Ford F250, 460, highboy, 4x4
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

That was classic Jak, lol.
Cory

1931 Ford 5 window coupe
ABA

Post by ABA »

f100matt wrote:
ME TOO!!!!! :lol:
Me 3 but mine is in the back yard. We have 5 dogs, 4 of them stay in the house with the 2 cats. You can't walk threw a room without petting somebody. As I was reading this thread Anna our chinese crested and Bela our chi-wa-wa were in my lap. They got down then Tigger our Maine Coon tom cat got in my lap, Hard to type threw all that fur.
We would have more animals if I'd let the wife get them.
Hmm, a pitbull, an english bulldog, chi-wa-wa, chinese crested ,choc lab, maine coon ,and a stray cat, oh and we use to have a parrot and a cockatiel but they died.

Now I know why I can't afford any hobbies. :shock:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry