cast iron headers for a Y block

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

kid2

cast iron headers for a Y block

Post by kid2 »

Talked to my Brother Today and he said his Neighbor was at Jefferson Wis Yesterday and called him that he found a set of cast iron headers for a y block. My Brother remembered we told him if he found headers or manifolds he could not use the ones that both dump out the back so he told his neighbor that but his neighbor bought them anyway. Were we correct in telling him that. I was thinking the left manifold/header had to dump in the middle like a rams horn to miss the steering box. His neighbor said there were twio sets there for sale and the set he got looked like they were alot closer to the block than the other set. My brother says they look like they lay real close to the block . If they don't fit my Brother will, have a set of Y block headers for sale that should fit a car.

He said he had Lances 64 out Today and put a quite a few miles on it and he is still excited about having it.............Kid
65 f-100, Mostly Stock
64 F-100, 4in roof chop and on a car frame
64 F100, Project, not sure what to do with it
61 Long Uni project
79 F-250 Super Cab Long Box
74 Duster, Future Project
Dropped,Chopped,Tubbed,and Stubbed is the way to go

It is easier to ask Forgivness than to ask Permission