TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Pate

Post by Uncle Skip »

O.K. guys.
Pate is next week.
BT, Max, Richard and I are planning to be in Ft. Worth Friday afternoon and again Saturday morning.
Cell phones will be the order of the day for communications.
Please log on and let us know yours.
I'm posting a heads up on the regular forum, and I'm sending out an e-mail. Please follow up with anyone else you think will be interested in joining us.
phRed is in charge of entertainment.

Skip 281-840-1553

U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

The saga continues.
Part 2.
Early Friday morning 4 Houston members (missing Richard W.), gathered in my community parking lot for the annual trip to the Land of Oz, aka Pate Swap meet.
Even at 6 a.m., you could feel the excitement and tension.
It was an adventure from the start because I had committed to take a motorcycle up to Arlington for a friend..... with his trailer.
It, the trailer, looked like a derelict from the beaches of Iwo Jima. Rusty, no lights, no sides, no license plate. But a promise is a promise. And it turned out it pulled straight and true the entire trip without incident. I was shocked.
Piling into the Expedition we set out to try and miss Houston's famous early morning commuting traffic.
O.K.
BroncoTom set the tone for the day with a declaration, "Lets go the toll road and miss the traffic on the loop."
(Roger said good morning.)
Wrong choice.
A pile-up between exits caused us to sit and ponder for at least 20 minutes before we could continue.
Was this an omen of things to come?
No, a bad beginning makes a good ending as the old saying goes.
The trip continued pretty well after that and we got to Arlington to drop off the BMW about 11:00, and still made it to the Speedway before 1.
Roger hasn't said much since this morning.
We covered the first half of the meet and went to check in at the motel around 5 where I proceeded to dazzle the group with my mastery of the Indian (Asian, not American) language and after about an hour of negotiations, scribbles on a napkin and some dirty looks, solved the mystery of how many rooms we actually had and would pay for.
The meal at Outback was excellent but I still don't understand how Max can eat that much and stay so skinny.
A call from home chewing me out about the rooms caused more negotiations back at the motel, but we finally got it settled. My Indian needs more work.
Full and tired, I refused to hang in the parking lot and drink cold adult beverages with the hard core survivors, so I went to the room..Roger said he was full and tired and was ready for bed too.
I could hear the hooting and hollering in the parking lot until late.... 10:00 and then it got strangely quiet.
7 a.m. comes early and after most of us showed up in the parking lot on time, Max had to be awakened by hand at 5 after.
"I was just getting up when I heard this noise at the door."
Yeah, right.
(Roger said good morning to the group. :) That man never shuts up LMAO.
Off to IHOP for breakfast and meet up with the rest of the group and pass out the Texas tee shirt decals to those that showed up.
The Slick group covered up the entire back of the room as we fortified ourselves for the day ahead.
Suddenly, a gasp was heard throughout the room.
In the doorway, casting a huge shadow loomed.......................
..to be continued.................................. :wink:
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

Uncle Skip wrote:The saga continues.
Suddenly, a gasp was heard throughout the room.
In the doorway, casting a huge shadow loomed.......................

Me! :lol:
American born, German blood, Texan attitude..... And people wonder why they call me "Moose."

66 F-100 Too much to list
05 F250 The Tank
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Helps to put names with faces. Unfortunately, sometimes it's not good to show faces but I'm sure you all can stomach this without any problems.

[albumimg]1964[/albumimg]

If SlickStock08 is like I am expecting it to be, then I think everyone is in for a hell of a good time!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416