Front suspension -Alan

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
Leeroy
Australia

Front suspension -Alan

Post by Leeroy »

Hey Alan, I thought I'd move away from the welcome thread....

Alan Mclennan wrote:Leith, that pic shows exactly the problem area!, Ben at TPUP was helpful with the kit it self but was a bit vague as to what wheel and back-offset he used!, are you going to use one?

As I said before the slick from the image had 17x7 on the front.
I'm guessing the steering geometry would be the same or very similar to the EL, so anything that will fit the EL should be ok. Trouble is, the EL GT had the biggest wheel from the factory and it was 17"

I'd reckon you are going to be stuck with something 17" or something waaaay bigger aka 20"+ to clear the Upper control arm.

Did u get the PM?
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Thanks Leith!, I got your PM and I have looked at the link!, thinking about it , I don`t think the diameter of the rim is the problem more the offset of the wheel to get the wheel out away from the uni. Do you still go on Aussie Ford forums?, I`m on there under the name of Maccas66. Back too the Slick in the link!, it`s the same colour scheme as your`s isn't it?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Yes I'm on there very occasionally, infact I have spoken to you on the forum when I was looking for a bed. No one understood what I was actually looking for and I ended up using a pic of Lenore to show them. Username was ebxr8. (ride at the time)

The other slicks colour looks the same side on, but that slick is actually a greenish/blue similar to the 55-56 thunderbirds. Mine is true blue from the GT falcons. I did use the same bodyline point to separate the two colours though.

What have you come up with regarding the wheels? 22" :twisted:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

HAHAHA!, now I know where you got the pic from! :lol: , yes I remember you!, and yes we have talked a few times I think!. Did you know that was my truck when you posted it?, my eye`s nearly popped out of my head when I saw your post! :lol: . Leith, Beryl is going to be used as my work truck and with the new body option I have !, I`m going to try and do her up as an survivor styled truck!, Oh and your going to love this!, I`m going to have a spare style side tub on my hands! :P , What are they worth? 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

No I never clicked it was you until later on, avatar pic I think. I found the pic of lanore off a google search somewhere and kept the pic as an idea for the rollpan cause it looked so good.
Although I had joined fordtruk, it was the link you posted on the floor replacement that got me into the site. So I blame you for the slickitis.... at least thats what I tell the mrs!!

Hmmm spare styleside?? Worth a bit over here I'd think. Are you going to keep it or do you want offload it? I could help with the later, I'm trying to convince my father to a project! :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

At the moment, I am going to sell it!, the tub that is! and probably the whole truck, or should I say A whole truck!, it`s a 66 with a 351 Clevo and 4 speed I think!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Is that the green one hillchaser had pics of?
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yes!, The owner didn't want to sell it back then!, but has now committed to buy a property out at Cowra, plus I did some work for him on his house, so it has ended up in my hands. I`m going to use the cab and front clip on Beryl to speed it up and the rest I`m not sure!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Cool, thats worked out well!!
If you want to offload the bed let me know.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

okey dokey! :wink:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS