Light Question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tanman722001

Light Question

Post by tanman722001 »

I have a 66 F350 Truck.When you have the Clearance light on they all work but as soon as you turn the headlights on the front clearance goes out.But the back stays on.It is just the fronts.

So my question is this right or do I have a problem? Thanks Tony
rbcyouthdude

Post by rbcyouthdude »

my half ton did the same thing, as did all these year models from what I am told, I wired mine to a relay to come on all the time.

Michael
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

As far as "clearance" lights, they should all be wired into the "tail" lights. Sounds like the front "clearance" lights are wired to the front "parking" lights.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

"Clearance" lights...as in lights on top of the cab, right? Not the ones in the same housing as the turn signals above the grille, right?
The ones above the grille, with the turn signals are originally designed to turn off when the headlights come on.
Most 50's & 60's cars were that way for some reason. :hm:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
tanman722001

Post by tanman722001 »

I was talking about the front light above the grill.Mine dont have cab lights on it yet.Does anyone have cab light on there and has a pics of i would love to see it.Thanks guys you answered my ?.I thought there was something wrong.But im glad there isnt.Thnaks Tony