por 15 paint

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

donald luster

por 15 paint

Post by donald luster »

Hey gang I have another dumb question. Since por 15 paint is susposed to really grip the surface will it also make it very difficult to remove bolts that are attached to the frame? Is there someway to prevent twisting off bolts after they are painted? What if the threads were coated with white lube or something simular before painting. Would this help? Thanks for your patients with all my questions. Don
YukonCor55

Post by YukonCor55 »

POR 15 really is a great product. It seems that the more beat up the metal is to begin with, the better the stuff works! It will adhere to just about anything, including fasteners. If you paint it over a nut or bolt it will be tough to get off. If it gets on the threads, you might have to cut or drill the fastener. If I have to leave fasteners in place, I lube the threads with vaseline prior to painting with POR 15. If I have to remove the fastener later, I cut around the bolt head and nut with a sharp blade.
SMSgt USAF Retired
1962 Ford F-250 4 X 4, 1955 Ford Fairlane, 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon, 2002 Indian Chief & a couple of old Fender guitars...Life's Good!
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)