62 unibody build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

well got a little time today on the slick after getting other paing jobs out of the way. got the holes drilled for the pins and let me tell you i measured about 50 times each side before i drilled them off any point that i could find to get them right even took the ole plum bob and centered the wheels in the wells but i got it and its only 1/16 out so i think im going to be ok might just make the hole thats out little bigger and set it with the bolts.

""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

MMMMM Nice holes!, I understand the measure 50 times part! 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

well shes almost done just need to bolt the lowers and weld the support tubes for the k member and put the body back on for the rest of the work so i can drive this thing sometime

""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Looks great!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

sweet! are you going to use the stock cv springs or lower it some more?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

using ride rite shockwaves or making bag mounts the rear is already finished up
deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

Sweet! Are you going to have to Z it or just rolling it as low as it will go the way it is? Or will it lay the way it is?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

dont know yet havent got it on the ground yet but either way it will lay if that means zing the front
deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

Awesome! I want to lay mine out and am trying to decide between this or the jag. I haven't seen any CV's laid out yet so I can't wait to see it done!
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

well i finally got the strut out to see hows it will fit the picks suck but they kinda give you and idea how its going to be minus it still has about an inch more travel due to not weight in the front end

deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

Awesome!
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

finally got the dang thing bolted up after killing my drill bit the other night and have to get another from smyth its finally honding on its own and not by c clamps anymore, now all thats left is to make the plates for the lowers and its done. ill lget some picks tomorrow when its light outside
Robert

Post by Robert »

This is awesome Iam about to start on mine
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

heres some shots of the frame with the front clip finished up just need to mate the body back to the frame so i can see how much if any i want to z the front.

deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

Is that without any springs in?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

yes that would be all the way down but im going to lower it more by zing the front once the body is on
twistedfreak

Re: 62 unibody build

Post by twistedfreak »

well finally got my buddies 68 camero out of the garage and got back to work on the truck getting ready to weld the rest of the box in and finidh running the brake lines and fuel lines.

totten
United States of America

Post by totten »

Enjoined looking at your project. You have good fab skills. :evil:
1966 f-100 ranger,red and white,240,cruiseomatic,3.00 gear,a/c.
deflaytedwayz

Post by deflaytedwayz »

any update?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

Well if has been a long time since I've. Been on here have had a lot going on but I have been slaving away on the truck it's getting ready to get the new Richmond gears put in took the airplane gear out and went with a 3.89 gear with mini spool and moser axles also the frame is all boxed and l ran the lines inside the frame with the brackets made for the lowers and as soon as the Rearend is done it will be rolling again and ready to either make the front suspension brackets or go with the air ride strut bags as soon as I get the picks up and running I'll post them for all to see and once the shop is all fixed back from the fire that I had it will get sprayed incolor so that I can get it rolling and ready to mate the body back on