shortage of yello paint in the west

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
8clt
Australia

shortage of yello paint in the west

Post by 8clt »

Rumor has it, the Dulux paint company had plenty of yello to sell cheap.....
it was that popular they named it mclemon, pretty easy, they found a bloke who loved it and by chance ,whose name had double "nn" in it and with a stroke of the eraser,(to m and a to o) they had a marketable product, apparently.....
Bloody hell, it proved that popular that a couple of guys in the "de-fatherland" named their band Yello....
truck anti-stal l" VB" tank.
you can't leave the driver dry... so, when the "New" keg empties, there is always a long neck opener.Don't know what miles per gallon is on this tank, but prolly thirstier than the other one....
and not to be left out, stateside got some too, just to keep up with us convicts at the same show.

p.s. hows the tarp cover hunt going
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Not real good at the moment!, I can`t even find out sizes of pitman arms or drag-rod bolts!, nice pic`s tho John!, where was the cab-over seen?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
8clt
Australia

Post by 8clt »

Alan,
I have a 64-72 dealer parts catalog on disc, you can burn a copy if this helps with the suspension, and a basic Chiltons repair/tune book for 65-86.
the cab over was out at hawkesbury swap meet and all GM day a couple of weeks ago.I would a thought you designed his "tanks and taps" for him, and helped plump them in...
Also I have the cd on "yello" to play in your truck, good youtubes on these guys from switzerland, and they are in our vintage, yep different.
Went there to waste another day in ferreting for a rear bar for xy -zd fairlane rear bar, as I have visions of grandeur to make one fit across the back of the wellback.The upside was meeting guys I had not seen in years, as we all return to the dreams we had as kids of what we wanted to pedal....and b.s. and the ones that got away helped for a laugh.
give me a call and I can drop the disc off on my way through, in sydney 3 days a week at this stage, now the stringybark is off the house and the yard is a bit tidier. 0427409454 John "lurking" in the mountains.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

John,
That`s real kind of you!, I will take you up on the burning a copy thanks mate!, we don`t have stringybark here! but the yard looks like a bomb hit it!, that's today's project!, have you tried Western Auto wreckers at lLandilo? for the rear bar!, and talk about catching up with old friends!, the Hotrod club I used to be in ( Idle wild), the local chapter is having a barbie on Tuesday night and the president rang me Friday and invited me along!, so it should be a big night of snags and BS!, I`ll give you a call later on today!, depending on how the mowing goes! :roll: , 0408253334 Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Goll darn if I ain't in love with those lowered COE's..... drool.....