Been a while

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

Been a while

Post by shawnsfordsrevenge »

Hey all, long time. Been busy with a lot of things like figuring out what I need to do with my life and where I am going etc etc etc.

Well as the economy turned to crap and work went away to china and various other countries people could not afford to pay me to do my job anymore. So I went back into automotive and found out how much of a joke it has become. I worked at a couple of different shops as a manager and service adviser, then as a tech. I decided that the industry as a whole wants inexperienced mechanics/technicians to work for them so they dont have to pay them for experience. So...if they want that and monkeys to do the work an experienced technician can do, then it is not for me anymore.

Went back to college and was in business management and looking at an associate of science degree. That was going ok but it was not something that felt comfortable. Then this last summer I found my passion and a place where I can go and people want to be safe and responsible. There are guidelines and VERY or should I say EXTREMELY strict regulations. So I enrolled in this college here in Colorado for an associates Degree in Airframe and Powerplant. It is going great so far, I get to work on aircraft and there is such a variety of work in the industry as well as other industries hire A&P Mechanics. I will have a REAL MECHANICS CERTIFICATION!

The sad part if my slick is for sale. :cry: I really have no choice at this point. I ended up with an 81 F250 with a 400M thats really tired and I need the 460 put in it. So the 64 is getting parted out and sold as an empty roller. I have one person from the Bronco group thats interested in it and I really hope someone I know does buy it from me because I would like to know where it is going.

Even sadder is that my 67 Mustang is going as well. :cry: :cry:
I have owned that car since my Birthday in 1992 right before I ended my tour in the service. We have gone through a lot together. But priorities are taking precedence and I need to eliminate as much excess as I can.

Then my Bronco will more than likely go as well. Such is life when times are rough you have to make rough decisions.

I just dropped in after getting a PM from Dean in town and thought I should drop in and say howdy and I hope everyone else is doing well.

Shawn
"As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder."
~ John Glenn
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

hey shawn good to hear from ya. and it sounds like a new beginning instead of a bad ending. there are lots of cool cars and trucks out there once you get somewhat situated.
have fun with that cert.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Glad to hear your still kicking Shawn!, any pic`s of the muzzy?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Still got the one piece window kit? how much are you looking for bud? and the Stang... Gawrsh i sound like a vampire... good to see ya bud.. glad you figured out what you wanna do with your life
http://youtu.be/4xmckWVPRaI
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

ezernut9mm wrote:hey shawn good to hear from ya. and it sounds like a new beginning instead of a bad ending. there are lots of cool cars and trucks out there once you get somewhat situated.
have fun with that cert.
Thanks, it is a new beginning alright, feels great too! I hope to find another slick when I am making some decent wages again.
"As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder."
~ John Glenn
shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

Alan Mclennan wrote:Glad to hear your still kicking Shawn!, any pic`s of the muzzy?
im sorry Alan, I dont speak freaky deaky aussie, whats a Muzzy? :lol:
~ John Glenn
shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

Johnny Canuck wrote:Still got the one piece window kit? how much are you looking for bud? and the Stang... Gawrsh i sound like a vampire... good to see ya bud.. glad you figured out what you wanna do with your life
http://youtu.be/4xmckWVPRaI
Hey johnny, yes its in the truck and is going with it. I am taking over a grand in losses selling that truck stripped down with the window kit, the front axle parts and a few other items alone. I sold the wing winders top skip and still have the original door glass. I found out I could have that glass made locally recently because it is flat all I would need to do is give him the pattern. (found out all of this working in a friends glass shop while building on a friends 68 coupe magazine project) The truck is for sale 5 grand as it sits or 500 stripped down. The stang is $2800.00

I think I am going to save my cash and buy a a small aircraft and lease it to the aviation school. I can buy one of them for less than a new car. Maybe ill find myself another slick someday, one that I wont want to alter so much.
~ John Glenn
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

shawnsfordsrevenge wrote:
Alan Mclennan wrote:Glad to hear your still kicking Shawn!, any pic`s of the muzzy?
faint.gif OH Shawn!!, a muzzy!!!, a Mustang!, you knew that didn`t you Fergo? :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

Alan Mclennan wrote:
faint.gif OH Shawn!!, a muzzy!!!, a Mustang!, you knew that didn`t you Fergo? :lol:
OH THAT KINDA MUZZY!!! :D
Here is a link to some pictures, they are sort of old but youll get the idea.
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s318 ... /mustangs/
there are some to a 2012 Shelby GT500 I did a pre delivery inspection/test drive on, that is one bad arse "MUZZY" All glass roof and so easy to drive around town and on the highway. VERY MANAGEABLE! I think my 69 S code coupe is in tyhat album also. Traded it for the bronco.
~ John Glenn
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Alan Mclennan wrote:
I did. thought I'd let you explain it tho. Yesderday met a Swiss girl who just spent 5 years in Austrailia. Had the closest thing to a South African accent... :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Good to hear from you Shawn. Don't be a stranger, you're always welcome round here!
Mark

shawnsfordsrevenge
United States of America

Thanks Mark, ill try to stop in here now and then, hopefully end up with another slick someday in the future, but really I am eyeballing some small aircraft which can be bought for less than most average priced new cars. Maybe I can fly to a slickstock someday. :lol:
~ John Glenn